Well said Tranmere Rovers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Well said Tranmere Rovers

Too many organisations trying to play more and more games. PL, Efl, FA, UEFA and now FIFA planning more tournaments. No one wants to give up their slice of the pie - apart from the FA who have altered their own competition. So i’m not sure the criticism is totally justified.

In England the workload is too much for the top players, particularly as we have a second cup competition that is unique to this country. Allow teams in Europe to be exempt from the league cup for a start to reduce workload. Tell UEFA these games will be played ant the same time as their ever expanding European tournaments and it’s tough if they don’t like it. Sadly the EFL won’t go for this so I find it a bit hypocritical of them to complain about the FA Cup, even more so given the shit TV deal that they’ve imposed on clubs from next year which will affect revenue.

Too many organisations trying to play more and more games. PL, Efl, FA, UEFA and now FIFA planning more tournaments. No one wants to give up their slice of the pie - apart from the FA who have altered their own competition. So i’m not sure the criticism is totally justified.

In England the workload is too much for the top players, particularly as we have a second cup competition that is unique to this country. Allow teams in Europe to be exempt from the league cup for a start to reduce workload. Tell UEFA these games will be played ant the same time as their ever expanding European tournaments and it’s tough if they don’t like it. Sadly the EFL won’t go for this so I find it a bit hypocritical of them to complain about the FA Cup, even more so given the shit TV deal that they’ve imposed on clubs from next year which will affect revenue.
You seriously believe 'in England the workload is too much for the top players, incl a 2nd cup competition'......the same 'overworked' players who go on a money spinning club promo tournament, the same overworked players who if excused from the league Cup would only go 'hot weather training' with a money spinning angle attached & the same 'overworked' players who play in the championship,leagues 1&2 should just get on with it should they 🤔

Hopefully enough clubs put out a similar statement to Tranmere & the sad old out of touch FA have to reverse their decision.
On a slightly different vein, was watching the CL game City v Real M & the commentary to the build up to kick off they were creaming themselves telling us all how grateful we should be to see these to colossal teams play and we should be seeing more of this because as football fans why wouldn't you....almost advocating another tilt at trying to get another 'super league' going. Did they not remember how it went last time ffs.....the footballing hierarchy don't give a flying f@ck about us supporters & the sooner the big ££££ bubble bursts the better

To be honest Jock, now might not be a bad time for them to push another Super League. At the time I thought it was a disgrace, but right now the top tier teams are just destroying the game from an entertainment, financial, competition and spectator aspect. If the financial pressure of their exit from the league could be softened with a good compensation package, I quite frankly couldn't give a shit if they broke off

It has never been a level playing field and some clubs in the Prem have always been better funded that others, but it used to feel like the big heavyweight sides were going up against maybe middleweights - there was an obvious advantage but there was still a reasonable chance of upsets that made it interesting. But the financial gap has grown so much wider that it's now it's like super heavyweights are going against flyweights so the chances of upsets decrease and it becomes increasingly predictable.

Because of this the majority of global fan base that drives a huge part of the revenue don't really care that much about anyone outside of the likes of 5 or 6 biggest clubs and the rest make up the numbers. Clubs coming up and down probably means very little to them and they'd be happier if the big glamerous sides just played each other every week.

I don't think the top of the Prem would have any interest in spending limits that would lessen their advantage and make the league more competitive - so i think one way or another a European Super League is inevitable and the big clubs staying in our domestic leagues are bringing in money for the competition but killing the sport. I think that financially them leaving would hurt everyone to some degree but i think in the long term football can't go on like this and the rest of the clubs will need to work out how we move on without them eventually.

Top clubs don't want replays, so get them banned.

Top clubs only join the competition in the 3rd round, yet all clubs and rounds are affected

They should just bugger off to their closed Super League. Let's see how long a league without relegation remains interesting to the world
Honestly, they are just a pathetic bunch of greedy bar stewards.
Their squads are immense so there is no excuse whatsoever to even be considering stopping replays etc.
Need to get back to a maximum of two substitutes as well because the current situation is ludicrous and has brought nothing to the game.

You seriously believe 'in England the workload is too much for the top players, incl a 2nd cup competition'......the same 'overworked' players who go on a money spinning club promo tournament, the same overworked players who if excused from the league Cup would only go 'hot weather training' with a money spinning angle attached & the same 'overworked' players who play in the championship,leagues 1&2 should just get on with it should they 🤔

Next season they’ll be playing more European games and the new vastly expanded world club championship introduced by fifa starts. So yes I think there will be too many games for elite level players. The clubs don’t help themselves as you say (not the players) as they are also greedy organising friendlies all over the world. I think spurs play a friendly against another English club in Australia just before the Euros start which is nonsense really. As I say every wants a slice of the pie and the FA so far is the only one to take a pragmatic approach to reduce workload and ease fixture congestion. The efl could reduce the two legged league cup semi to one - but they won’t.

Next season they’ll be playing more European games and the new vastly expanded world club championship introduced by fifa starts. So yes I think there will be too many games for elite level players. The clubs don’t help themselves as you say (not the players) as they are also greedy organising friendlies all over the world. I think spurs play a friendly against another English club in Australia just before the Euros start which is nonsense really. As I say every wants a slice of the pie and the FA so far is the only one to take a pragmatic approach to reduce workload and ease fixture congestion. The efl could reduce the two legged league cup semi to one - but they won’t.

Sorry to counter u again MiW but the FA h imoave hardly been 'pragmatic'.... they've been far from sensible - not even consulted with all clubs involved in their so called prestigious cup.
They've far from being realistic either when they haven't considered fans, club finances or feelings....in fact they're acting more dogmatic than pragmatic

It needs a total collective on this from ' affected ' Clubs to lobby the authorities .. the alternative is , but collectively won't happen , for the fans to boycott the fixtures . Each fan base would feel guilty about financially impacting their respective Clubs . The early rounds don't generate a great amount of revenue , but say we drew Liverpool , at Anfield , with a potential £750000 influx for us , would we snub it .. ?? So the authorities will have won .

This just tells you all you need to know about the worry the prem clubs have for the welfare (wel£are) of their players...

Spurs and Newcastle going to Melbourne for a friendly 3 days after the Premier League season ends. Just for money. FA Cup replays replaced by a friendly the other side of the world on your watch. And you believed all their whining about player welfare

Sorry to counter u again MiW but the FA h imoave hardly been 'pragmatic'.... they've been far from sensible - not even consulted with all clubs involved in their so called prestigious cup.
They've far from being realistic either when they haven't considered fans, club finances or feelings....in fact they're acting more dogmatic than pragmatic

Lack of consultation seems to be the issue. Personally I’d seed the third round. Better opportunity of a lower league club drawing a ‘big boy’ and if drawn at home I’d also allow them the opportunity of moving it to the bigger stadium so they could earn more money. Perhaps would reduce the magic but as the prime consideration appears financial I can’t imagine too many complaints.

FA put out a response, notice they choose their words carefully and frame it to sound like everyone was on board with it and they didn't make this decision without consulting all of the clubs involved without directly refuting it. Very weaselly and disingenuous.

I do think that everyone outside of the Prem should announce they will pull out of the FA Cup collectively. If we do that we make the whole competition impossible to run and force them to come to the table.

We all potentially lose out from the changes and gain no benefit so we surely need to take a bit of a stand and show the FA and Prem they have no right to make changes that negatively impact hundreds of clubs for the benefit of about 6 big Prem clubs without us even being properly consulted let alone given a vote on it.

FA put out a response, notice they choose their words carefully and frame it to sound like everyone was on board with it and they didn't make this decision without consulting all of the clubs involved without directly refuting it. Very weaselly and disingenuous.

I do think that everyone outside of the Prem should announce they will pull out of the FA Cup collectively. If we do that we make the whole competition impossible to run and force them to come to the table.

We all potentially lose out from the changes and gain no benefit so we surely need to take a bit of a stand and show the FA and Prem they have no right to make changes that negatively impact hundreds of clubs for the benefit of about 6 big Prem clubs without us even being properly consulted let alone given a vote on it.

The FA are no different from the EFL / UEFA/ SPL etc, they only give a f@ck about themselves, how much money they make & how much more money they can make. The sooner all clubs stand up to this nonsense & their meddling the better although I won't hold my breath.