Well Joke Has Made His Mark | Vital Football

Well Joke Has Made His Mark

Sir Laz

Vital Football Hero
Not sure what I think about this tbh...
Sky Sports understands that Newcastle United have pulled out of a deal to sign Dutch defender Douglas.

The Brazilian-born stopper has long been on Newcastle's radar, and a move was close to being finalised, with a deal due to be concluded this week.

Douglas is available on a free transfer after leaving FC Twente, and an agreement with Newcastle was on the cards.

However, the 25-year-old will now not be moving to St James' Park and Sky Sports understands that the decision was made by new director of football Joe Kinnear.

Kinnear has wasted little time in stamping his authority on the transfer policy at Newcastle, as Douglas's representatives - who were due to fly to England on Thursday - have been informed the club will no longer be pursuing the deal.

It is understood Kinnear has already identified other defensive targets for the club to move for this summer.

I thought that Douglas would of been a good aquesition,looked decent and strong in both defence and attack.

He probably would have Laz. I mentioned it on another thread, I think this is JFK trying to show pardew and Carr who's in charge.

Not sure, Douglas has been bandied around for some time now and nobody as yet has gone in for him. Lets wait and see who the new targets are and not pre-empt.

I'm sorry, but what the fùck does Kinnear know about current players compared to Carr? He's proven himself time and time again.

The more I read and hear, the more I think Kinnear has been brought in to cause chaos. Just like the Insomnia comment was calculated, I'm beginning to think the Kebab, Afro, Galtierrez, Lambayzee comments were also calculated.

Ashley trying to force staff to resign so he doesn't have to pay them a fee?

Well the appointment has been made, no going back. Pardew is the boot boy.
Lets see who Kinnear brings in and lets go.

The Owl - 19/6/2013 11:16

Well the appointment has been made, no going back. Pardew is the boot boy.
Lets see who Kinnear brings in and lets go.
Well I think he has dropped a clanger with Douglas for a start,yes he has been bandied about a bit and we had been linked with him not too long ago,but from what I have seen of him he would of been an asset and on a free as well.

Question: If you were in Carr's shoes would you hang around this rabble? The guy has really built himself a reputation as one of the premier scouts going around, he has a proven track record of bringing quality in, why in the hell would he feel the need to listen to what Kinnear has to say? TD hit the nail on the head imo, if this is true, it is JFK and his big fat deluded ego making sure that everyone knows who is in charge