Well for once the ticket office has peed me off | Vital Football

Well for once the ticket office has peed me off

Baghdad_Rob

Vital 1st Team Regular
This morning circumstances meant I wasn't going to be able to make it to this afternoon's match so I ran the club to ask for a ticket exchange so that a friend could use my ST seat instead.

I was told I couldn't exchange my seat unless I turned up with my season ticket so that they could remove the matchday voucher at the same time. I pointed out that I lived halfway across the country and if I could get to the ground to do the exchange then I would have no need to do an exchange.

The person said they couldn't do the exchange without the voucher and this is the policy that has been in place for years. I pointed out that I have been able to do the exchange over the phone in the past without this rule being re-enforced. The person insisted this is the rule that has always been in force.

At this point I might have not entirely accidently brushed my check against the disconnect button.

So this isn't just a whinging thread I have a question for the season ticket holders - have any of you had the ticket office refuse to do a ticket exchange because you aren't there to hand over the matchday voucher at the same time?

hiya

I have had a differient issue with the ticket office but it comes down to the same overall problem - the culture at the club is wrong - it is all about the chairman and what HE wants - he has demonstrated on dozens of occasions over the years that his ego gets in the way of everything and he just cannot help but put rules and obstacles in place that affect the most loyal customers of all - season ticket holders

I have just posted a thread on my issue - having to pay for another ticket to get in as I did not have my season ticket with me due to it being in my car that someone 5 times over the limit drove into

Whilst it was refunded at the next game, the principle is that customers should not be made to jump through all these hoops - any other club would check your ID and issue you a replacement to get in - and I checked this was the case with other league 1 clubs

as far as giving the ST to a friend goes - the club have had their money - why should you have to pay twice or be put to such inconvenience

one staff member tried telling me the rules were 'for the protection of their customers' when I was getting my refund - the sad thing is, they actually believe this nonsense and try to defend it

however there is a saying in business 'there are no bad employees, only poor managers' - and people will be influenced by poor management sadly

whilst you do get the odd bad egg, on the whole this is true

put someone in there to manage the day to day business who has a bit of an idea of what customer service and management is and these issues will go away

they said to me nobody is in charge, only the chairman, who is rarely there

what a way to run a business

the culture and feeling is that they are doing us a favour by letting us go to games

well as a result of this we won't be renewing our ST and will pick and choose the odd game as I am sick to my stomach over the treatment and contemptible attitude his rules and policies create

like with my situation, they have no process in place to assist the customer - they make it your problem not theirs

that is NOT customer service

go anywhere else with a similar issue and you will be greeted with 'I am terribly sorry to hear that sir / madam, that's no problem, we can sort this out for you............'

gfc48 - 8/4/2018 13:00

hiya

I have had a differient issue with the ticket office but it comes down to the same overall problem - the culture at the club is wrong - it is all about the chairman and what HE wants - he has demonstrated on dozens of occasions over the years that his ego gets in the way of everything and he just cannot help but put rules and obstacles in place that affect the most loyal customers of all - season ticket holders

I have just posted a thread on my issue - having to pay for another ticket to get in as I did not have my season ticket with me due to it being in my car that someone 5 times over the limit drove into

Whilst it was refunded at the next game, the principle is that customers should not be made to jump through all these hoops - any other club would check your ID and issue you a replacement to get in - and I checked this was the case with other league 1 clubs

as far as giving the ST to a friend goes - the club have had their money - why should you have to pay twice or be put to such inconvenience

one staff member tried telling me the rules were 'for the protection of their customers' when I was getting my refund - the sad thing is, they actually believe this nonsense and try to defend it

however there is a saying in business 'there are no bad employees, only poor managers' - and people will be influenced by poor management sadly

whilst you do get the odd bad egg, on the whole this is true

put someone in there to manage the day to day business who has a bit of an idea of what customer service and management is and these issues will go away

they said to me nobody is in charge, only the chairman, who is rarely there

what a way to run a business

the culture and feeling is that they are doing us a favour by letting us go to games

well as a result of this we won't be renewing our ST and will pick and choose the odd game as I am sick to my stomach over the treatment and contemptible attitude his rules and policies create

Your first paragraph seems to contradict this one from your other thread:

?I have often taken with a pinch of salt the things you hear said about the chairman in the ground but I can see now I may have been nave in not believing much of it ?

You do come across as a bullshit artist.