Wednesday or United | Vital Football

Wednesday or United

stpauliimp

Vital Youth Team
I know all of us would want United as it would mean a promotion to the Championship, but i,ve also been wanting to see the Imps at Hillsborough, if it,s not to be, then this is the stand out fixture. -Pub wise Kelham Island stands out, (probably favours Utd) had some good drinks there on the way to Hyde for that end of season match.I would not think the Sheffield Tap be open on match day (the pub at the train station). Cannot wait, wether it,s Red or Blue.

Last edited:
I know all of us would want United as it would mean a promotion to the Championship, but i,ve also been dying to see the Imps at Hillsborough, if it,s not to be, then this is the stand out fixture. -Pub wise Kelham Island stands out, (probably favours Utd) had some good drinks there on the way to Hyde for that end of season match.I would not think the Sheffield Tap be open on match day (the pub at the train station). Cannot wait, wether it,s Red or Blue.
Sheffield Tap can fuck off. After a heavy day at Rasen races, they refused to serve us. We were pretty well oiled but never made the slightest noise or bothered anyone in the place, I haven't even got trouble in me. We simply asked for 2 drinks whilst waiting for our train. I will never set foot in the place again, there are plenty of other over-priced pubs to choose from!
Take your pick of pubs, the tram will get you to either ground.

Win win really isn't it?
Hillsborough is one of the few grounds I haven't been to.
Heard the stories of the Wendy's visit in 76, tad lively!

Win win really isn't it?
Hillsborough is one of the few grounds I haven't been to.
Heard the stories of the Wendy's visit in 76, tad lively!

Thought I was going to get crushed against the wall on the Bank, pre-game. It was bedlam.

My Dad and I still jumped up when we scored ; cue numerous black looks from the blue throng.

I’ve never been to Hillsborough and I’ve been to Bramhall Lane a few times but never in the championship. I’ll save Wednesday for the following season when they go up again 😉

Last edited:
I was at Hillsborough in 1977 for the 1-1 draw when the local Neanderthals were not exactly welcoming. I also have more recent bad memories of Bramall Lane, although that was because of the 6-1 defeat - hopefully we get chance to get a much better result next season

Double edged sword for me. Would love to watch City at Hillsborough as I’ve seen us at Bramhall Lane BUT I am happy to wait a season for Wednesday to get back before we go there 🤞🤞

I'd obviously prefer promotion but I'd also like to rub Wednesdays' noses in it if we meet them. Only a couple of victories in the league down the years, the last one being in the 70s as mentioned. Jack Charlton was manager wasn' t he? Isn't it? Marvelous.
Went to the 3-0 FA cup defeat at Hillsborough in 1979. Fans were pretty cocky. Would love it if we beat them.

Thought I was going to get crushed against the wall on the Bank, pre-game. It was bedlam.
At least you got in, we were locked out. Quite why they locked the gates with less than 15,000 in the ground has always been a mystery to me.

I was at Hillsborough in 1977 for the 1-1 draw when the local Neanderthals were not exactly welcoming. I also have more recent bad memories of Bramall Lane, although that was because of the 6-1 defeat - hopefully we get chance to get a much better result next season
I've been to both grounds once. I was at Hillsborough on the ill fated day, sat just behind the Forest dugout. The 6-1 loss at Bramall Lane was made slightly less painful by a couple of quid on Smith to score the first goal.
I'd like to see us at Hillsborough, but I'd prefer the City Ground and a vengeance visit to London Road!

Wednesday would be good for me as it is only a 10 minute walk but I am hopeful we are aiming higher and it will be the red side of the city we visit.
Either way there is some really good fixtures to look forward to.

Went to Bramhall lane on a football special train in the 80,s in my Sergio Tacchini days, also went in the Worthington Cup in August 2000, price of the match ticket that day was £10.

Gentings sports bar, it has a 260 inch tv, and only 5 min walk from the station and 5 mins to the 86 or 98 bus and the tram stop.

Like you genuinely happy with both. Getting promoted would mean there aren't 15 chants of 'Just like Lincoln, your city is red' when we go to Hillsborough but I reckon I can get over it just being at football again :wahey: