Weather Report - South | Page 4 | Vital Football

Weather Report - South

Sorry to be a bit churlish on this but I just feel that if the will was there to clear the Brian Moore stand then the main obstacle declared by the club was sorted. 20 people with brooms and/or shovels could have dealt with the inch or so snow if the photo on Twitter accurately reflected the amount.
The last thing the team want is a break in the great momentum we have built up so hopefully Bradford will find us energised and unstoppable next week.

I've been out today driving on the roads and walking on public footpaths they have been cleared and gritted and guess what, I didn't break an ankle, Durham.

It's called preparation , Durham. Of course no one at GFC new this snow was coming. Strange how a salted stretch of drive and road in sunnymead avenue is completely snow and ice free and has been all day, why, because it was gritted last night. Once again the club can't get the basics,right.

Are you seriously trying to tell me we're the only club in the country to have half and inch of snow around our ground n pitch, yet we're the only ones who can't cope/prepare for it and get the game on.

A total shambles as always.

Me and three shovels would have the Gillingham End cleared in ten minutes. Make that two shovels and a broom.

Accepting that you would have though that the club COULD have made the ground safe but weren't organised enough to do this I am struggling with the view of some that we wanted to the game to be postponed for some reason. I can't think what that reason would be. We are losing money on this due to a smaller crowd for a midweek game and any wasted catering.

Other than being a bit inept at clearing a bit of snow I really can't think why the club would have wanted it off.

Are we a bit of an embarrassment - yes - but nothing new there.

Rovers fans and long distance traveling gills fans must really question why we couldn't have made the grounds safe.

Fair play, but does the Gordon Road Stand have space for 1200 to 1500 away supporters?

Generally, I only see about 1 - 200 old gits!