We will soon know | Vital Football

We will soon know

GillsBluenose

Vital Football Hero
I was just looking at the March fixtures which look very tricky, particularly if we do not have Jones and O'Keefe back by then.
Sunderland (in form) away, Fleetwood (in form) home, then MK Dons and Rotherham, both away.

If we are somehow still in contention after that lot, the April and May fixtures look, on paper, much easier:
Accrington, Coventry and Tranmere at home, Bolton and Wycombe away, finishing in May with Brizzle Rovers at home.

Of course, needless to say we do not play on paper.:cautious:

I was just looking at the March fixtures which look very tricky, particularly if we do not have Jones and O'Keefe back by then.
Sunderland (in form) away, Fleetwood (in form) home, then MK Dons and Rotherham, both away.

If we are somehow still in contention after that lot, the April and May fixtures look, on paper, much easier:
Accrington, Coventry and Tranmere at home, Bolton and Wycombe away, finishing in May with Brizzle Rovers at home.

Of course, needless to say we do not play on paper.:cautious:
Coventry currently second and in good form, Wycombe have dropped recently but they’re still third. Some fodder between them though which will help us with our 2 points a game target. These next two games for us should get more points and goals on the board too.

If there is anything to learn from last nights game it is that playing a team struggling near the bottom is sometimes harder than playing the more predictable style of a team nearer the top. I would be more concerned about the limited size of our squad. We have to be lucky to avoid injuries when the same players are playing every game for the next two and a half months.
So far so good though!

We have to be lucky to avoid injuries when the same players are playing every game for the next two and a half months.
So far so good though!

Actually, we have been carrying a few players unfit (not all injured, some flu or getting over injuries) over the past few weeks. And not forgetting Byrner out for the season.

I think the best bit about our very recent form is winning without Jones and O’Keefe (and Byrne). Also only now getting Willock and Pringle as fully fit players.

Going forward, if we can keep those 4 fit, there will be a lot more competition and possible rotations to keep players fit.