We need some pace and strikers!! | Vital Football

We need some pace and strikers!!

Cookiejar

Vital Reserves Team
I'm not going to panic yet however as SE says we are still 3 players short, if not 4 . We need a striker who runs in behind the stretches the opposition's defense and we still need a goal scorer and probably as Evans has suggested some balance on the left side. I also think we will see a one leave before the window shuts, just a hunch but I think it will allow others to come in.

the problem with modern day football is because of short contracts, money issues and the 5 loans per time every summer seems like a rebuilding process for us. We have to start again. oh for the days when we had 14/15 players, sold the occasionally one, dis-guarded those not up to scratch and rotated the squad with 2 or 3 for 'new blood'

SE has a big job ahead but I'm still confident mid table is a realistic possibility.

If Calvin Miller comes (as looks likely) that should help plug the left side. Agree that another striker would be a good move. Wouldn`t be surprised to see a young striker from a Prem club join us very soon.

If you`re alluding to Tucker leaving then let`s hope it`s at the end of the season (or a loan back). I`m aware that a Championship club from the North had an interest in Ogilvie a little while back, but thought that had cooled.

Like you, cookiejar, i`m confident that we`ll have a good season. At least four more to come in followed by a storming run after Christmas.

I have to say there doesn't seem much out there free agent wise Dominic Samuel possibly within our budget seems the best bet.But not impossible that Evans will spend if given the funds from a sale.The other possibly is chasing a player from abroad also not impossible especially with the high speed trains now I have always wondered why we have not got a few players from northern France,Holland & Belgium.That avenue could be closed soon for all but top players so it could be now or never.

I have to say there doesn't seem much out there free agent wise Dominic Samuel possibly within our budget seems the best bet.But not impossible that Evans will spend if given the funds from a sale.The other possibly is chasing a player from abroad also not impossible especially with the high speed trains now I have always wondered why we have not got a few players from northern France,Holland & Belgium.That avenue could be closed soon for all but top players so it could be now or never.
Send Walsh out on loan and bring back Bossu

I have always wondered why we have not got a few players from northern France,Holland & Belgium.That avenue could be closed soon for all but top players so it could be now or never.

Think Anthony Scaramozzino was enough to put us off going down that route for years to come.

Send Walsh out on loan and bring back Bossu
Not sure about the Bossu bit but definitely needs to go out on loan.If he really impressed we could use him as number one in the next year or two_Or indeed sell him if the price was right.

Think Anthony Scaramozzino was enough to put us off going down that route for years to come.
Recruitment from abroad has been hit and miss.It is about watching the player.Evans has a reputation for doing just that .Taking somebody's else's word is always more risky.

We may well end up signing Calvin Miller but he's been without a club for months now and has been linked with a number of clubs: Amiens, Plymouth and MLS clubs. He has certainly had a trial with Plymouth and played in friendlies and for all we know he has trained with us. Journalists will link him firmly with any club they can so I'm cautious on this one especially after his serious injury (ACL).

We may well end up signing Calvin Miller but he's been without a club for months now and has been linked with a number of clubs: Amiens, Plymouth and MLS clubs. He has certainly had a trial with Plymouth and played in friendlies and for all we know he has trained with us. Journalists will link him firmly with any club they can so I'm cautious on this one especially after his serious injury (ACL).
Interesting that you say that jogills because I was thinking similar.
I thought they may offer him a short term deal, maybe up to Xmas to see if A he gets fit enough and B fits in with his style of play.
That’s quite low risk.

Recruitment from abroad has been hit and miss.It is about watching the player.Evans has a reputation for doing just that .Taking somebody's else's word is always more risky.
Mark Byrne worked out alright.
If he hadn’t got injured, he’d probably still be here.