We could be heroes... | Vital Football

We could be heroes...

thatvoodoo

Vital Youth Team
...just for one day.

Regardless of what happens next, this was a season-defining performance from the greatest Blades team in years. To play most of the match with ten men, with a ref perpetually within seconds of stripping down to his Brentford kit, a dangerous strike partnership in Maupay and Bananarama, and STILL win 2-0 is what great teams are made of. Wilder had major testicles bringing on Sharp and McGoldrick instead of bolstering our defence, but in the end it didn't need bolstering :)

Take a bow each and every one of you. Even Madine, despite the red which IMO was definitely not a red.

That’s worth more than the 3 points we got for it the belief instilled in the players and as importantly the support could be the difference,they put everything on the line tonight and I’ve lost my voice helping them over this particular hurdle
Whether we make it or not I’m so proud of our team and club atm and especially tonight

they are heros
hope that made ya trip up into the wild wilderness of deludomol free half of the city worth while Aya. just a point to note, on the RS ifollow commo neither Adam Oxley or Gagey thought it was a red, they said that Tufty was remonstrating with the 4th official about Madine's sending off at the time as well.
Onwards and upwards.
Didn't we win 2 league games under Sir 'Arry with 10 men during our promotion season with him, might have been one, I know one was an away game...oh well the old memory fart cells slowly decaying.......

hope that made ya trip up into the wild wilderness of deludomol free half of the city worth while Aya. just a point to note, on the RS ifollow commo neither Adam Oxley or Gagey thought it was a red, they said that Tufty was remonstrating with the 4th official about Madine's sending off at the time as well.
Onwards and upwards.
Didn't we win 2 league games under Sir 'Arry with 10 men during our promotion season with him, might have been one, I know one was an away game...oh well the old memory fart cells slowly decaying.......
It was a red card in my view,the fella who sits at side me said he dint think it was bur i said tha were screamin for Vaulkes to go on satdi and if that were a red then so was Madine's he said i never said i wern't biased.:giggle: In Tufty's interview wi Radio Sheff after game he said he'd no complaints wi the red card,it was a stupid tackle and Madine tried summat similar against Reading when we 4-0 up.Magnificent effort from our lads and i shouted missen hoarse gerrin behind our boys and yes Blockers/Bully i watched the last 60 seconds on't concourse,i'll leave when i want.:giggle: UTCB

Good to hear everyone mentioning shouting the heroes home last night and it confirmed my thoughts that the red button coverage dos NOT have many, if any, crowd microphones as there was nothing coming across the airwaves.

Madine's sending off had no crowd reaction, the commentator mentioned it a while afterwards( not sure he realised he'd been sent off) and the only audible clue was a faint "cheerio,cheerio" from the B/ford fans

The highlights package from Sky also confirms this as the crowd sounded really vociferous on that.

Magnificent show of resilience and fighting for the cause last night. This team is special.

still scratching mi nut as to how we won that 2-0, the defending was second to none from the whole team. henderson scares me to death when ever the ball goes near him though.Basham reminds me of a new born Deer crossed wi a lion. Baldock runs like a T-REX on whizz, stevens and egan wa in the same remedial class at school , Goldies like a yardie bumba clot rarss.All in all put em together shake em up an ya got a proper little ant hill mob they become a well oiled drilled machine purring like a Rolls Royce. Kin QUALITY.

I do that every game CBB not everyone runs for the exit doors whilst they’re still playing
spot on bulmer at least two thirds of our crowd always go before the players go round the pitch at the end of every game this team and the management team deserve better after what theyve achieved this season not good enough blades fans im afraid

spot on bulmer at least two thirds of our crowd always go before the players go round the pitch at the end of every game this team and the management team deserve better after what theyve achieved this season not good enough blades fans im afraid
The best time to support our team is when the game's bein played,perhaps the two 3rds you're on abart shud be red button fans as they dunt seem to get pulled up abart stayin away from BDBL owd lad.:giggle: UTCB

It was a red card in my view,the fella who sits at side me said he dint think it was bur i said tha were screamin for Vaulkes to go on satdi and if that were a red then so was Madine's he said i never said i wern't biased.:giggle: In Tufty's interview wi Radio Sheff after game he said he'd no complaints wi the red card,it was a stupid tackle and Madine tried summat similar against Reading when we 4-0 up.Magnificent effort from our lads and i shouted missen hoarse gerrin behind our boys and yes Blockers/Bully i watched the last 60 seconds on't concourse,i'll leave when i want.:giggle: UTCB
Shameful that despite the heroics displayed by the players last night,you couldn't be bothered to stay and show them your appreciation,beggars belief,

Shameful that despite the heroics displayed by the players last night,you couldn't be bothered to stay and show them your appreciation,beggars belief,
:LOL::LOL: Wor a Banker thy are,owt to say to them that can't be arsed to attend at all then Casey Jones? UTCB

:LOL::LOL: Wor a Banker thy are,owt to say to them that can't be arsed to attend at all then Casey Jones? UTCB

What do you gain from leaving early,do you leave early when you go to the cinema or a concert?.

It is not only me that is mystified why you do such a thing,mind you you are not on your own,with the game on a knife edge last night,there was plenty leaving early,beggars belief why

The best time to support our team is when the game's bein played,perhaps the two 3rds you're on abart shud be red button fans as they dunt seem to get pulled up abart stayin away from BDBL owd lad.:giggle: UTCB
Whilst the red button only shows the 5 mins before ,and similar after, I am happy to report that one red button watcher stays in front of the TV for the whole of the transmission.
I suppose I could attend BDBL and watch the last 5 minutes on the concourse because , of course , you can't beat the unique atmosphere of seeing the denoument of a game from just behind the pitch.:cool:

c mon rod dont be daft is it too much to expect our fans to stay for another 5 minutes to applaud the team stop making excuses for em all

What do you gain from leaving early,do you leave early when you go to the cinema or a concert?.

It is not only me that is mystified why you do such a thing,mind you you are not on your own,with the game on a knife edge last night,there was plenty leaving early,beggars belief why
How come you dint answer mi question abart the stayaways? The Match was dun when i left the ground.I'm even gerrin stick from Basil stayaway nar.:LOL: Perhaps the club shud install a clock for clockin out.:giggle:UTCB

I can understand people wanting to get a bit ahead if they're not steady on their pins, or need to walk slowly, rather than get swept along in the crowd at full-time, which can be a dangerous and frightening experience if you can't move at the same speed as everyone else..

I understand less of fully able people who leave to make sure they are at the front of the bus queue, or first one out the car park. I mean why go to football if you're more interested in going home anyway..?

Are you saying i leave early,while the team is playing,other than last night.
No m8 it was a dig at the hundreds who leave early without a thanks for running your guts out or playing the best football we have witnessed for decades down there,and yes rod the stay always should get it in the neck too 24.5k is poor for a team in our position but I do accept not everybody can go due to personal circumstances