We Are Imps Podcast - Matt Rhead | Vital Football

We Are Imps Podcast - Matt Rhead

Great bloke. I always thought Matt had a lot more about him than people gave him credit for. His close control and ability to bring others into the game was awesome, and the way he rattled other players was incredible to watch. No respecter of reputations once that whistle went. Scored some brilliant goals, not least the early half volley from outside the box against Coventry - the stuff of legends. As for the Checkatrade, I flew from Perth in Western Australia, together with my mate Jordan (the other Lincoln supporter from Perth) for the Imps first ever appearance at Wembley in 133 years. There was no way I was missing that game - my beautiful wife still tells me I owe her a holiday for that one. Great to meet CasperImp and so grateful to him for arranging such a great seat for the game 👍👏. To make my week we won the trophy and I had the joy of meeting DC in Lincoln at the Thursday presser at the Bank. The only downside was that I missed Rheady as he disappeared into the ground with two or three of the other players before I could get to him. Great memories though and worth the 16 hours flying time to see us win at Wembley. Best wishes Matt and thanks for the wonderful memories. 👏👏