We are ball number 56. | Vital Football

We are ball number 56.

I'll have the same dream I've had for the last 46 years whenever we have squeaked through to the 3rd round draw. Still waiting to see Man Utd or Liverpool. Home or away, I'm not greedy!

Either weakest team at home to progress
OR
big team at home with a full house and roaring on the team followed by a replay
Surely we would get some tv money either way.

If we can choose then in the following order:

Away:

Man U
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool
Villa
West Ham
Newcastle

Or

Weakest team at home.

Just not decent league one or two away please.

On a side note going to have to pull their fingers out and arrange tickets as the game is straight after new year I believe.

Any of the top premiership sides away with a capacity of 60k +. We'll get 32.5% of the gate money.

Obviously playing away to a top side will allow for a bigger crowd than we could get at home, not sure about needing to be a side with a 60k capacity though. Would Man Utd (for example) be able to get 60k people interested in coming to watch a third round game against Gillingham?

Obviously playing away to a top side will allow for a bigger crowd than we could get at home, not sure about needing to be a side with a 60k capacity though. Would Man Utd (for example) be able to get 60k people interested in coming to watch a third round game against Gillingham?
Only 60k to watch us - it would sell out in minutes, thousands turning up without tickets and the touts would make a fortune.

Would Man Utd (for example) be able to get 60k people interested in coming to watch a third round game against Gillingham?

Definitely, Madrid. Man Utd away would be the most profitable draw for GFC, by miles. The attendance would be over 70K, probably nearer 75K. If you check back you`ll see that third round home cup games against lower league opposition always draw 70K+ - mostly around 74/75K. I believe that GFC would benefit from an away game at Man Utd to the extent of around £500K and that`s without any TV money !

edited to swap 54 with 74 :slap:

Last edited:
Can we please stop all this Man U and Liverpool talk.

It’s nailed on to be Wigan at home or Cov away 👎