WBA v Nottm Forest ** Sponsored By Frank Skinners Valentine Day Bag For Life. | Page 15 | Vital Football

WBA v Nottm Forest ** Sponsored By Frank Skinners Valentine Day Bag For Life.

George Courteney! He always had it in for us. Allegedly in response some fans vandalised his car at the Orient cup game...

I think I was too young at the time to be bothered about the specific names of referees.

The only one I can remember was Roger Milford because obviously it was such a big deal for us to win the FA Cup due to it being the only domestic trophy Clough hadn't won and Milford bottling the Gazza decision.

Slept on it but still fooking angry.

Wished for Watson to be replaced by carvalho but ultimately when u get robbed by the ref there ain't a lot u can do.

Agree with cp tho more signs of positive progress, Ben and Milo doing a good job. Yates has been outstanding so far. We need to keep colback. We need to get better full backs, still gutted about bryam.

At some point mon must surely discover carvalho and his creativity, we already have lolly and grabs.

Play offs look beyond us this season but a summer window and it's possible we will have something to look forward to.

Of course would be nice to see us go on a 10 game winning streak

Dartmouth Cricket Club is usually a good spot to park; it is located next door to Sandwell Park Golf Club which is immediately on your left as you come off the Junction 1 roundabout.

It is a 5 minute walk to the ground from there.

Be careful with the traffic; The M6/M5 Link road has a contraflow in place due to bridge improvements.

Thanks for the car parking tip. We went there and it was great. Very close to the ground and not too bad getting away (turning right out of the car park, had to push in due to heavy traffic heading for the M5 junction; the vehicle I pushed in front of turned out to be a police van! But he took it the right way!)

It was a very encouraging, resilient performance, the best since MON arrived. We competed for everything and played with intensity. There were many good individual performances. We could still keep the ball better - this is work in progress.

Ryan Yates deserves a mention. How impressive is he? He looks as though he's a leader too; future captain material, if he keeps his head on the ground.

I felt flat at the end, with such a horrendous penalty decision, but would have taken a point at the start.

I was impressed with the ground which is compact but very well equipped. But the egress from the ground is poor, as away fans are forced like cattle along a litter strewn path, a long way out of their way, before being able to return to the front of the ground. It took us a full 20 minutes to get back to the main Birmingham Road.

Good pub with real ale and good food: The Vine, Roebuck Street. Home and away fans all getting on well!

watson isnt the future, so we need to get some changes in that role

I thought janko looked good in patches but as a unit or defence seems to lack communication, we resort to school ground crowding and swinging aimlessly

just lack that composure at key times

colback is immense and we need to get him onboard permanently, runs forever

my main issue is with late subs and the players we bring on...offers no threat to the opposition at all

had yacob been alongside yates, it may have allowed us to press the middle more, and surely a pacier option upfront rather than murphy, who does ok, but is limited

Can we not just move Yates a little deeper, drop Watson and bring in Carvalho?

That would be nice, as much as I like Carvalho I would even accept that scenario with Guedioura tbh, Watson should only be backup if Colback, Yates, Yacob & Guedioura are injured imo.

That's not to be too critical of Watson exactly, I just believe the others are better & have more energy & endeavor.

Yes, it will NOT be YOu doing the Preston gig, it will be that du*bo AC

Anyway I have a mixed grill to eat, and by that I mean fisHcakes and chips with a few peas chap

I thought janko looked good in patches but as a unit or defence seems to lack communication, we resort to school ground crowding and swinging aimlessly

Could that possibly be because it's a brand new back five that had never played together before in which two speak Swedish, one English, one Romanian & the other French?

colback is immense and we need to get him onboard permanently, runs forever

my main issue is with late subs and the players we bring on...offers no threat to the opposition at all

had yacob been alongside yates, it may have allowed us to press the middle more, and surely a pacier option upfront rather than murphy, who does ok, but is limited
Watson needs to be pensioned off! I think the most worrying thing is that MON doesn't seem to see his limitations and sees him as a better option than Jacob or Bridcutt. Milosevic & Benalouane have only played 2 games together. The defensive unit will improve the more they play together. Totally agree about Colback. We need to sign him permanently, he is quality at this level.
Could not understand why you would take Yates off instead of Watson, when bringing Jacob on. We missed Yates' legs after he had gone off!

Can we not just move Yates a little deeper, drop Watson and bring in Carvalho?

I think that is what will happen once Yates has established himself in the team.

Yates will learn from Watson; if he can pick up the art of being in the right place at the right time, defensively as well as offensively, we will have a very good player on our hands.

Carvalho is a different kettle of fish; he has come from an environment were skill development takes precedence over athletic development.

He has gone from playing half a dozen games last season to being virtually an ever present; in hindsight he was going to run out of steam at some point.

Pairing the two of them up in midfield could be an exiting partnership to come.

We dont deserve a win with Watson in the side. its pretty much playing with 10 men. was bored of the obvious in pre season with him. Legs gone. That should be that.

I think that is what will happen once Yates has established himself in the team.

Yates will learn from Watson; if he can pick up the art of being in the right place at the right time, defensively as well as offensively, we will have a very good player on our hands.

Carvalho is a different kettle of fish; he has come from an environment were skill development takes precedence over athletic development.

He has gone from playing half a dozen games last season to being virtually an ever present; in hindsight he was going to run out of steam at some point.

Pairing the two of them up in midfield could be an exiting partnership to come.

I'd always expected Carvalho to struggle when we hit winter, when results are often ground out and the games just a little more physical.

I would not be shocked to see Bridcutt feature soon (Pele is some way off fitness), perhaps in place of Watson.... but, MON has made him captain.

Interesting to see that MON when for physicality over flair with the subs he brought on (Yacob & Murphy - rather than Bonatini, Karim Carvalho & Gonch)..... also, no defender on the bench!

I see that Leeds fans are angry about Gayle's dive because it gives WBA an extra undeserved point.

Not as if a Leeds player would cheat in the last minute to rob us of two points...you couldn't make it up!