WBA after DC | Page 45 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I floated it but took it with a pinch of salt. The German guy is missing from the list for a start. I wouldn't be surprised if WBA do make an official request to talk though.

I’m standing by my opinion. I think Danny had unofficial talks but isn’t interested in official talks. I think if official talks were considered likely the club would not have released a no news statement.

That’s from a combination of accredited news sources overlaid with my opinion.

Radio Lincs said that (in this case at least) reporters don’t make stuff up.
Rob Makepeace did qualify that further by making clear the distinction between bona fide journalists and the rest: for example, those who refer to themselves ex-agents on Twitter and post whatever they feel like making up that day.

I’m standing by my opinion. I think Danny had unofficial talks but isn’t interested in official talks. I think if official talks were considered likely the club would not have released a no news statement.

That’s from a combination of accredited news sources overlaid with my opinion.

I remember a few years ago one of the transfer rumours from Southampton that was going viral and all the papers were printing it. Went on for days and days.

Southampton then released a press release that "no official approach had been made" very similar to the Lincoln one. A week later the player signed for the club just as the rumours had said would happen.

Doesn't make the club look silly at all. They have simply said there has been no official approach so they are stating the truth. They haven't added "And Danny has told us that he will not be moving." They haven't added "and we will not be accepting an official approach." They have simply stated facts as they are at this point.

Rob Makepeace did qualify that further by making clear the distinction between bona fide journalists and the rest: for example, those who refer to themselves ex-agents on Twitter and post whatever they feel like making up that day.

He did but the 2 main sources are bonafide accredited journalists. One has contacts around the Midlands and the other has contacts at Lincoln. I’m ignoring all the rest.

I remember a few years ago one of the transfer rumours from Southampton that was going viral and all the papers were printing it. Went on for days and days.

Southampton then released a press release that "no official approach had been made" very similar to the Lincoln one. A week later the player signed for the club just as the rumours had said would happen.

Doesn't make the club look silly at all. They have simply said there has been no official approach so they are stating the truth. They haven't added "And Danny has told us that he will not be moving." They haven't added "and we will not be accepting an official approach." They have simply stated facts as they are at this point.

Like I stated - overlaid with my opinion.

Made me laugh the other day when i looked at one of the West Brom forums. They were talking about their Chinese owner Lai Guochuan having little patience and doesnt tollerate failure, like some James Bond villain-Blowfeldt or Goldfinger. And imagining the scene when Mark Jenkins the Chief Exec goes to him to explain he's appointed a PE teacher. He'll probably get fed to the piranhas.

Made me laugh the other day when i looked at one of the West Brom forums. They were talking about their Chinese owner Lai Guochuan having little patience and doesnt tollerate failure, like some James Bond villain-Blowfeldt or Goldfinger. And imagining the scene when Mark Jenkins the Chief Exec goes to him to explain he's appointed a PE teacher. He'll probably get fed to the piranhas.

So, Mr Cowley, time for you to die!

Nobody has a clue. Don't trust PP & SkyBet as far as you can throw them
Currently the amount bet on the WBA market on the Exchange
1558634864002.png

I have just put £20 up at 1.8. See how long that lasts

This is what you get when accountants run bookies.
The Betfair exchange went down on Saturday afternoon and more than a few on-course 'bookmakers' were in trouble without their built-in-profit backstop.
Skybet and PP now have the same odds.

I would have to take you to task about how reporters behave. There are many instances of reporters making things up and being found out. Apologies to any reporters I know most have integrity. Don't make stuff up? £500k buyout? Was that not made up? so why is anyone giving the fella any credence?
Like Boris Johnson when he was working for the Times making up loads of stories about what the EU were and were not going to do which fed the feeding frenzy when he continued to spout bullshit during the referendum campaign. There, I managed to get Brexit into this thread in a legitimate way :wahey:

Not that I've ever followed betting odds before but DC is massively shorter odds than anyone else, but then look donw the list and I see Steve Evans and Steve Clarke listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.