Wanderers survive for 2 weeks | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wanderers survive for 2 weeks

If this is true C.L , he's the CEO of the company i work for.....interesting
No idea if it is, just what I heard from Bolton fans speculating. They definitely think whoever the mystery people who have a NDA in place are absolutely minted which would make sense because Ulker is minted and Bolton are luckier than a black cat.

Didn’t have you down a biscuit man Jock ;)

But the point was if you were a billionaire with money to burn wouldn't you just pay the premium and start in the Prem rather than go through the years of rebuilding to get Bolton back to that level. If you are a foreign billionaire wanting a toy you wont want to be messing about in L1 and with FFP you can't spend yourself into oblivion on players even if your owner wants to underwrite it.
Because most likely Mike Ashley doesn’t want to sell, which takes Newcastle off the market. He might say he wants to sell but I call bollocks on that. If he really wanted to sell, he would have by now because Newcastle would have attracted a queue from around the block.

Fosun had to start from scratch with Wolves and look at them now. It might not work out that Bolton rise up the leagues immediately,
that will depend on the football decisions of any new owner. But if whoever’s taking them over have money of their own rather than bank money, then they already have a leg up on us.

No idea if it is, just what I heard from Bolton fans speculating. They definitely think whoever the mystery people who have a NDA in place are absolutely minted which would make sense because Ulker is minted and Bolton are luckier than a black cat.

CL...not as minted as it may seem but can't say too much!!! He has interest / part own of Fernabache & a basketball team not to mention a Stadium.

Because most likely Mike Ashley doesn’t want to sell, which takes Newcastle off the market. He might say he wants to sell but I call bollocks on that. If he really wanted to sell, he would have by now because Newcastle would have attracted a queue from around the block.

Fosun had to start from scratch with Wolves and look at them now. It might not work out that Bolton rise up the leagues immediately,
that will depend on the football decisions of any new owner. But if whoever’s taking them over have money of their own rather than bank money, then they already have a leg up on us.
But are Wolves not as guilty as Birmingham in spending what they have done to buy their way to the Premier League?

I actually don't believe there genuinely IS a buyer. I think that however he has done it, its merely a stalling tactic, to hopefully give him time to get the Basran deal on again. They've done DD, so that would be quickest deal they could do.
Mark Iles, the Bolton News football journalist has NO IDEA who it is. Neither does Alan Nixon, who I can tell you has very good links to BWFC...and yet he has no idea. Phil Parkinson also, merely says he is 'Hopeful'. Here we are...another Friday and another week where its been dragged out further.

What is definite is, next Friday is the next pay day for players and all staff. Another bill of £800k. I am already waiting for the payday to be missed, and then a load of uncertainty, before the club is back in court on the 3rd, and the inevitable will happen.

Look at it like this...

He wants £27 mil for the club.
Theres a debt of £1.2 mil to tax (HMRC)
There's other debts of around £10 mil, to different creditors. (One is Macron, the kit manufacturers...owed just under 200k)
2 clubs suing Bolton over unpaid wages to loan players they have had...Forest Green, for Christian Doige, and Norwich City for Wildschut and Remi Matthews.

On top of this, a potential buyer has to also find £1million per month running costs (including 800k wages)

So someone is going to come in and spend near enough 40 million, plus the ongoing 1 mil per month, on what is basically a League One club? Sorry, but I can't see that happening. It doesnt make any business sense whatsoever. Its not even as if their squad is lined with sellable assets...it has little resale value. It would need further investment to aim to get back in the Championship.

Its all a load of baloney, in my opinion. It has deluded a lot of people this, and if the truth comes out like I think it will, the League will surely come down really hard on Bolton, for messing them, and everybody else, around.

I actually don't believe there genuinely IS a buyer. I think that however he has done it, its merely a stalling tactic, to hopefully give him time to get the Basran deal on again. They've done DD, so that would be quickest deal they could do.
Mark Iles, the Bolton News football journalist has NO IDEA who it is. Neither does Alan Nixon, who I can tell you has very good links to BWFC...and yet he has no idea. Phil Parkinson also, merely says he is 'Hopeful'. Here we are...another Friday and another week where its been dragged out further.

What is definite is, next Friday is the next pay day for players and all staff. Another bill of £800k. I am already waiting for the payday to be missed, and then a load of uncertainty, before the club is back in court on the 3rd, and the inevitable will happen.

Look at it like this...

He wants £27 mil for the club.
Theres a debt of £1.2 mil to tax (HMRC)
There's other debts of around £10 mil, to different creditors. (One is Macron, the kit manufacturers...owed just under 200k)
2 clubs suing Bolton over unpaid wages to loan players they have had...Forest Green, for Christian Doige, and Norwich City for Wildschut and Remi Matthews.

On top of this, a potential buyer has to also find £1million per month running costs (including 800k wages)

So someone is going to come in and spend near enough 40 million, plus the ongoing 1 mil per month, on what is basically a League One club? Sorry, but I can't see that happening. It doesnt make any business sense whatsoever. Its not even as if their squad is lined with sellable assets...it has little resale value. It would need further investment to aim to get back in the Championship.

Its all a load of baloney, in my opinion. It has deluded a lot of people this, and if the truth comes out like I think it will, the League will surely come down really hard on Bolton, for messing them, and everybody else, around.

How much did Anderson pay for Bolton?

A quid I think (though obviously then inherited the debts). How he could ever be deemed fit and proper given his chequered past is somewhat of a mystery.

Yes. He had already tried to worm his way into Southampton, and was prevented from doing so. His previous dealings were so bad, liquidating several companies, he was banned from being a company director for around 7 years. It beggars belief he was allowed to get near a club, but then again I think he timed it right, as Eddie Davies and Phil Gartside were both desperate to get out due to ill health, etc.

Regarding the value of things around the club, the hotel is valued at around 7 million. Its basically the hotel thats kept the club going. I looked on a companies website and it appears that it has an annual turnover of 6.5 million, and 2 million of that is profit. That money has gone straight back into the club. Last summer they had the two concerts by The Killers and Little Mix, which earned the club another 2 million. So, stay with me here, that's 4 million towards the costs of running the club. Latics running costs must be similar, probably 6 or 7 mil per year. Yet Latics don't have these luxuries of an hotel on site, and playing host to concerts. It just shows how differently the clubs have been run.
Because of the successful concerts last summer, SJM Concerts had scheduled in more this coming summer. Bon Jovi and Take That were both scheduled. However, due to the ongoing financial uncertainty, and the fact that Bolton still owe them money from last summers concerts, they pulled them and gave them both to Anfield instead. Rod Stewart is still scheduled for June, but I can see that getting pulled too.
On top of this, Bolton were due to host The Iber Cup, a large youth football tournament, featuring youth teams from some of the worlds leading clubs. They were coming from clubs all over the world, and it was going to be a big earner, with the hotel packed, etc. However, this was pulled around 4 weeks ago, the organisers citing the uncertainty around the club as the reason.

So, all told with the concerts and other events cancelled and others in doubt, the club has lost a lot of much needed income. I still dont believe there is a buyer, and I expect another week of baloney and drama, when the wages aren't paid on Friday. Cue a lot of panic and comments of "he has to sort a deal by wednesday..." again. They won't be so lucky if they go back into court with no deal done. Itll be liquidation for sure.

Last edited:
But are Wolves not as guilty as Birmingham in spending what they have done to buy their way to the Premier League?
Absolutely they are, both rolled the dice, it worked for Wolves and now they're reaping the "benefit" didn't work for Brum and they're taking the "pain". High stakes gambling right there.

Latest on Bolton.....

It was reported yesterday that the potential buyer is NOT foreign based, but is somebody here in the UK. As far as I am aware, its not allowed to have going concerns in two different clubs over here. So how that is possible, I have no idea.

This contradicts Andersons claims last week that the potential buyer was someone who he recently had "denied had any interest". That was the Turkish or Russian connections. So something isnt right somewhere.

Nobody has an inkling who it is, and even the most positive Bolton fan must be thinking its all some kind of stalling tactic. Even more so, when talk is now going back to there are "several interested parties" comments again, as it appears Anderson is once again bluffing, to hopefully get a deal to come through. Its payday again at Bolton on Friday, lets see how much drama happens this week then.

If I were one of their players and I didnt get paid on time again, I'd come out and say I was done with it all and slap a transfer request in.

Wednesday will be interesting as it's the last day they can go into admin and take 12 points penalty this season rather than next which would make any purchase even less attractive from a bounce back position.
Admin would also get Anderson out of the wages payment issue Friday.

Anderson said in Bolton press earlier that he doesnt see any need to put them into Administration. Its still thought he is trying to play 2 or 3 parties off against each other.
A lot of Bolton fans think its heading down the liquidation route and think he has blagged the court and judge big time.

We are all still confident that we can resolve the current financial issues and also retain our Championship status. From Anderson he is on another planet.

I think HMRC must be getting to the point where they wont accept any more delays after so many - Bolton have been in court with them something like 6 times now and there comes a point where their patients will be worn out.

Anderson is a right chancer he is willing to risk liquidating them and losing everything rather than agreeing to sell now to try and squeeze out more profit.

Seriously we should go to them right now and offer to buy their academy, they are at such a need for cash flow that they'd prob have to consider it.