Walton. What's going on? | Vital Football

Walton. What's going on?

dwdan

Vital Reserves Team
Have we seen the last of this lad? He's been good for us but has he played his last game for the Tics?

Not done anything wrong but Jones has given no reason to be dropped yet. Shame really as I do like Walton and he’ll go on to have a very good career. But it is what it is.

Perhaps Cook is planning for next season. With Jones as no 1 and Owen Evans as back up.
Walton won't be here so the best way to test Jones is to see how he does in competitive games.

Perhaps Cook is planning for next season. With Jones as no 1 and Owen Evans as back up.
Walton won't be here so the best way to test Jones is to see how he does in competitive games.
Not a chance that’s happening. We’ll sign at least one new keeper, hopefully a permanent one. Bored of the season long loan keepers.

Well that all changed today. I don’t care how commanding Jones is of his box, I want a keeper who can save shots from 30 yards out and a keeper who doesn’t take a step the wrong way before a free kick has even been taken. Get Walton back in!

Fickle !

So, when Walton's back in, saving the couple of 30 yard shots every game, but not coming for crosses, not managing his defence, and making plenty of other cock ups, where do you go to then? ....... Evans?

Fickle !

So, when Walton's back in, saving the couple of 30 yard shots every game, but not coming for crosses, not managing his defence, and making plenty of other cock ups, where do you go to then? ....... Evans?
Preaching to the wrong person. I never wanted him dropped in the first place. Prefer a good shot stopper to a commander of the box all day long.

Aye, it appears this thread was the kiss of death for jones. Two keepers with deficiencies in their game. Pity because if you take the positives from both we'd have a cracker.