Walsall away | Vital Football

Walsall away

Martinez1986

Vital Squad Member
Could be in doubt

Walsall boss Jon Whitney has today started his excuses for our game against Wigan, eleven days from now.

Whitney is sure some of his squad will be called up for international duty that week and he said it will leave him with a 'threadbare squad' when we entertain League 1 promotion hopefuls Wigan on Wednesday 21st March.

Whitney said

'I think it`s going to be testing times. I think the squad will be threadbare if those players are called up. But that is what we have to deal with.'

There are question marks over his ability to assemble a competing squad this season with Fitzwater, Bielik, Ngoy and Shaibu all on loan from their parent clubs and its quite possible Bielik, Ngot and Shaibu will all be called up to their respective countries at all levels.

Then Kinsella and Cockerill Mollet could possibly be called up for Ireland and Kouhyar could be called up for Afghanistan.

If the possibility of more than four are called up then Whitney and Walsall have the option to request a cancellation of the game from the FA

Yes I will be going,I've enjoyed the away games more than the home games this season,the atmosphere at the DW has been poor tbh.

We utilised it with the call up of Owen Evans earlier in the season, so we cant complain if another club do likewise.

At least Grigg has not been called up

Despite his recent goalscoring heroics for Wigan Athletic - including a superb goal to knock Man City out of the FA Cup - there is no place in the squad for Wigan striker Will Grigg. Speaking about his ommission from the squad, NI boss Michael O'Neill said: O’Neill: “Will Grigg wants to be involved but he wants to concentrate on Wigan and their promotion push. In the summer we will see where he is at.”

Lazysid - 12/3/2018 17:03
In fact , have you got room for 2x extra in your Merc?

... or maybe in your stretch limo. I'm also looking for a lift home for me and my lad
At the moment its looking like either a taxi to Wolverhampton train station, a hotel for the night in Walsall or a resurrection of my hitch hiking days (if I can get to Hilton Park services).

Martinez1986 - 12/3/2018 20:12

At least Grigg has not been called up

Despite his recent goalscoring heroics for Wigan Athletic - including a superb goal to knock Man City out of the FA Cup - there is no place in the squad for Wigan striker Will Grigg. Speaking about his ommission from the squad, NI boss Michael O'Neill said: O’Neill: “Will Grigg wants to be involved but he wants to concentrate on Wigan and their promotion push. In the summer we will see where he is at.”

Good news that. Bytheway, Martin why are you 'cutting and pasting' everything these days?
Cant you just tell us in your own words ?

skimming the Saddlers forums, a bleak lot, they're hoping for a new manager bounce at best but aren't predicting a win. I'm hopeful we can get a win - while we're missing Morsy, they're missing their best midfielder too.

early pred: 3-1 to us.

I’ve seen Dean Keates’ Wrexham a number of times this season. Very much safety first and very tough to beat, loves a 1-0. He’s had around a week to sort their defence out so these lot will be hard to break down. Expect a similar game to Bradford with hopefully a similar score line. First goal will be massive.

They are all big games now and points are a must , play like the first half v Southampton and we will walk it ..
Obviously if we stick the ball in the net
Also was impressed with Roberts work ethic Sunday so maybe a start for him why Morsy is away ..

Don't know about anyone else but I'm expecting some changes for this game, particularly in the engine room.

Fingers crossed its Fulton who replaces Morsy, I'd also expect Vaughan, Powell, Walker and Colclough to feature in some part. I'd like to see Cole given some game time too, he looks decent on YouTube but I'd like to see if that translates to reality!

PC was impressed with the 10 mins cole got at Bradford so i think he will be around this week .. i was impressed with what i saw when he played for Fleetwood at our place .. he is quick and direct ..

truelatic4eva - 12/3/2018 18:18

Yes I will be going,I've enjoyed the away games more than the home games this season,the atmosphere at the DW has been poor tbh.

Anyone still thinking of going, cash turnstile (could be room in the merc if you can make your own way to platt wazz)

Lazysid - 20/3/2018 21:58

truelatic4eva - 12/3/2018 18:18

Anyone still thinking of going, cash turnstile (could be room in the merc if you can make your own way to platt wazz)

Sid why do you take the piss out of fans that travel to away games?

Grip gets thrown off the board for having a pop at armchair fans,yet this clown and his lackey has free rein to take the piss out of a fan (me) for going to away games!!

Work that one out Admin .