Wallsall at Gills.... | Vital Football

Wallsall at Gills....

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
... should generate a decent crowd. Hope that the lack of discounted tickets will not see the attendance drop to four thousand. The team`s effort deserves more.

Agree - this is a big test of whether incentives work. Two good games under the 20 offer, with very good and exciting endings, and we are going very well generally, in great form and playing good exciting football. If people won't come back for more in this sort of situation, it makes you question whether incentives are worth it, as doubt the club make that much in cutting the prices for those games alone.

Kids for a quid should be the standard throughout the season or perhaps all family members except the principal. I'd also offer a generous discount to students and those currently unemployed. Such action will imbue loyalty and goodwill and, before Durham adds his two penny worth, it would represent a marginal increase in sales; plus people would have a bit more for programmes, food and drink and merchandise.

At present, it must cost a family of four 70 or 80 at least if you count the cost of tickets, petrol and parking/public transport, food and drink and a programme etc. For many, that makes it a no no; so, why not let one parent pay full whack and the other a quid along with the kids? A family could save 30 or 40 perhaps attend games rather than all bar [say] one stay at home.

If you look at the seating plan on the official site there's thousands of seats available,so unless there's a sudden rush for tickets, or Walsall bring loads, expect a crowd of around 4000.

I recall the Walsall games of the late 80s or early 90s when their keeper, Fred Barber, used to come out wearing a mask and bowed before the Rainham end.

I'll be there on Saturday.

Wasn't the keeper that used to do that Steve Death of Oxford Utd??? Used to show us his arse too! 70/80's though!???

Wayne.Kerr - 15/2/2018 11:05

I'd also offer a generous discount to students and those currently unemployed. .

Surely it is morally irresponsible for an unemployed person to be spending their dole money on football?

SteveTreacle - 15/2/2018 10:58

Agree - this is a big test of whether incentives work. Two good games under the 20 offer, with very good and exciting endings, and we are going very well generally, in great form and playing good exciting football. If people won't come back for more in this sort of situation, it makes you question whether incentives are worth it, as doubt the club make that much in cutting the prices for those games alone.
Well, I'm coming down again this weekend and my wife will be with me. This time I've paid the full whack for the Medway stand - which is ok because the club can use the cash. I hope that others, like me, who took advantage of the 20 offer will also do likewise and that the attendance will creep back up towards the 6 or 7k mark. The way the team are performing fully deserve those number.

Wayne.Kerr - 15/2/2018 11:05

Kids for a quid should be the standard throughout the season or perhaps all family members except the principal. I'd also offer a generous discount to students and those currently unemployed. Such action will imbue loyalty and goodwill and, before Durham adds his two penny worth, it would represent a marginal increase in sales; plus people would have a bit more for programmes, food and drink and merchandise.

At present, it must cost a family of four 70 or 80 at least if you count the cost of tickets, petrol and parking/public transport, food and drink and a programme etc. For many, that makes it a no no; so, why not let one parent pay full whack and the other a quid along with the kids? A family could save 30 or 40 perhaps attend games rather than all bar [say] one stay at home.

Taken from the O/S ticket pricing system.
" One FREE U12 ticket for each adult seat purchased in specific areas"

It's OK to pay full whack if it's a once or twice occasion but it becomes financially prohibitive for many to go as a family to a majority of home games. Of course the Club needs the money but, if people stay away because of financial constraints, then GFC gets nothing. At least by doing deals there's marginal income it would never have got.

I will go to away games for most of this season and the most prominent feature of the away support is age - the vast majority of the travelling fans are senior citizens. This could be due to a variety of reasons but, whichever way you look at it, youngsters in numbers on the away terraces especially oop north are recognisable by their absence.

The positive news from the Lovell era must be transfering from regular fans to occassionals, those who said they'd never come back and the plastics. Kids who have attended for the first tije recently will be pestering parents to take them again. It will be slow but I'm sure if we keep entertaining the way we have the bigger crowds will return.

It'll be the second time this season I'll have made it to two consecutive games.

Can't miss this one as my boy is gonna be one of the mascots....

Just read that we haven't beaten Walsall at our place for ten years. Another stat for us to upset on Saturday.