Wales squad | Vital Football

Wales squad

Good for him, but I suspect bad news for us. I'm not sure we will have anyone else called up and will be unable to postpone the Oxford game accordingly. Anthony Scully is unlikely to play for Ireland U21 again because he is now overage for the UEFA U21 qualifiers later this year - manager Jim Crawford has already said he will use the friendly against Wales U21 on 26 March to try new players in preparation for those qualifiers. That may mean Sean Roughan is called up, although there is still a big age gap for him - he only turned 18 yesterday. Morgan Rogers is the only other possibility, as the U19s apparently have a training camp.

Losing the Oxford fixture could be good for us - we would have 13 days between fixtures, ahead of the busy Easter programme, and would give some of the walking wounded time to recover.

Scully isn't 22 until next month but I get your point.
Have Oxford got any internationals?

Scully isn't 22 until next month but I get your point.
Have Oxford got any internationals?
The age limit is actually set by UEFA. The 2023 U21 Euros and their qualifiers are only for players born on or after 1 January 2000 - Scully was born on 19 April 1999. The same goes for Zack, date of birth 5 April 1998. As for Oxford, I think we need to hope they have.

Seems Poole also got in full Wales squad for euro qualifiers previously when someone pulled out.

Easter is hardly a busy period for us this season, we play Friday, Tuesday, Saturday... actually it is less busy than most weeks to date.

Scully imo deserves more playing time based on his output and an away game might suit his style (running in behind / working hard rather than playing against a parked bus). So a shame to lose Brennan but a chance for him

Scully imo deserves more playing time based on his output and an away game might suit his style (running in behind / working hard rather than playing against a parked bus). So a shame to lose Brennan but a chance for him

But Scully runs around like a headless chicken to no purpose doesn't he?