Wales - Rugby | Vital Football

Wales - Rugby

Got stuffed 40 - 17.
They changed 7 players from last week's team. This, added to the couple of significant injuries they had anyway, and the fact this was a 3rd place playoff that no one wanted to be in, its hard to make any meaningful conclusion from the result here. Not even sure how 'strong' the NZ team selection was either.

Last edited:
They changed 7 players from last week's team. This, added to the couple of significant injuries they had anyway, and the fact this was a 3rd place playoff that no one wanted to be in, its hard to make any meaningful conclusion from the result here. Not even sure how 'strong' the NZ team selection was either.
Strong enough even with a number of changes, which underlines how well England did, but that was last week. Against Tonga, Jones tactics were to avoid the big heavyweights; perhaps we'll see some thing similar tomorrow [and SE insists we play it on the ground].

Wales have had the rub of the Green for a long time and eeked out narrow victories in the 6 Nations and through the World Cup, but it seems their luck well and truly finally ran out against SA and that followed throw to this match.

Wales have had the rub of the Green for a long time and eeked out narrow victories in the 6 Nations and through the World Cup, but it seems their luck well and truly finally ran out against SA and that followed throw to this match.
Yes, agree with that. Delighted they got stuffed. Hope they enjoy watching England win tomorrow.

Oh dear, have I just jinxed us?

Yes, agree with that. Delighted they got stuffed. Hope they enjoy watching England win tomorrow.

Obviously, I am desperate for us to win, but even if we don't, we've done something in reaching the final (for the fourth time), they've never done.

The Welsh are good singers, and better whiners, and the women are uncouth, that’s the best reference I can give them.

This was last years starting XV and tonight was stuffed full of retiring players

My fault. Sorry everyone.

Fair do's to SA. They were better than us all around the park.
I feared the worst when we sent on our SA penalty machine Cole in the third minute.