Vs Steaua Bucharest (Friendly) | Vital Football

Vs Steaua Bucharest (Friendly)

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Friendly against Steaua Bucharest tonight in Marbella.

Team that started the game is:

Forster
Matthews - Rogne - Wilson - Izzy
McGeouch - Wanyama - Ledley
Hooper - Bangura - Watt

Changes are likely for the second half.

We have been all over them in the game but our final ball just hasn't been there. They have defended quite well when we are up that end of the pitch, blocked a lot of balls and just stopped us getting through to get a real clear chance.

They countered in the 13th minute and took a shot from just inside the box, should have been no real danger but it was a good strike and fired past Forster in goal. Poor goal to give away really.

Notable performers this half:
Bangura has done well leading the line most of the time, had a few chances and generally been causing problems for the defence.
Watt has done lots of running but not quite been able to get that final ball or gets stuck in the corners because he is often in wider positions.
Hooper seems to have done very little.
McGeouch has not been in his probably more natural position. He is playing as part of the midfield 3 but I don't think that's his strength. He needs to play at the front of a diamond midfield or he needs to be on the wing!

Second half soon to start........COYBIG!

Moved to a 3-5-2 for the second half.

Brown, Samaras, Mulgrew and Commons on for Hooper, Watt, Ledley and Matthews.

I also believe Zaluska is in goal and not Forster. That's been since the start, mistake on twitter!

Another goal! Free-kick from Mulgrew, comes to Commons on the left, crosses into the box and a glancing header from BANGURA (of all people) sends the ball into the back of the net! Celtic 2-1 up now!

I didn't see the game, but sounds like a good one and like we played well. It's always good to get a win, especially against decent European competition. Good to see Bangura finally score something. I don't know if he will amount to anything, but we spent the money. May as well give him a run out.

jst got stitched by the club. paid £200 for me n dad to fly over as was told id get juve tickets. then mate queued since 8 at stadium but were selling 6 at a time on phones and he couldnt get through so sold out. am now stuck and desperate for spares

welch47 - 18/1/2013 03:07

Liam,

Punctuate your sentences, and then tell us what the hell happened.

i was told by a season ticket holder that he would definitely get me 2 tickets. so i booked 2 flights costing me £200 to go to game. He queued up since 8am at ticket office, but the club then sold 6 at a time on the phones and he couldnt get through on the phones or online - the queue did not move very far. Then he was notified they had sold out. So i am stuck with no match tickets and a non refundable flight for me and my dad. disgraceful that the club prioritised those on phones rather than queueing and gave 6 away to people phoning rather than the stated 2 they were meant to give away!

You're right. That is shitty that the fans who line up in winter for seat get the shaft. Well, buy some from scalpers and at least make use of the flights.

have been trying hundreds of csc and few contacts up in scotland, forum sites etc, no joy as of yet. at the moment people r selling on tout sites from cheapest £167 up to £1300 and they call themselves fans, doing that to fellow supporters

Latest Celtic News