vs Partick | Vital Football

vs Partick

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Our first game of the season......or what was supposed to be but we were too busy training and playing friendlies.

Team News:

Gordon
Matthews - Ambrose - VVD - Izzy
Brown - Mulgrew
Tonev - Johansen - Stokes
Guidetti

Subs: Zaluska, Biton, Kayal, Scepovic, Berget, McGregor, Commons

Don't agree with Mulgrew coming back in, I thought Biton did an excellent job at the weekend and deserved to start again.
I can understand Forrest not playing as he's still returning from injury so we can't overuse him.

Scepovic needs to get on and do something tonight!

Would still like to see some more young players on the bench. They played really well against Rangers last night in the development squad game.

[youtube=bO6TQ5xk3Pg&feature=youtu.be]

HT 0-0

Open enough game with us having the bulk of the play and possession but it's very much the same old story of us playing 10,000 passes around the edge of the box with no real penetration and little else to show for it.

I basically didn't see the 2nd half because I lost my stream and was struggling to find another.

Sounds like we had the majority of the game but couldn't actually find the way through to goal....as is unfortunately often the case.

In better news.....Rangers got beaten by part time Alloa in the diddy diddy cup!

Interesting to read that Ronny thinks the team was tired last night. The majority of the team has played a lot recently, but it begs the question, why hasn't Ronny changed it up a little more?

If Commons is really part of the plans then he could have started him last night and rested Johansen. Stokes could probably do with a rest, why not start McGregor?
Small changes but not ones that should affect the team all that much yet still rest players who need it.

Also read what Deila was saying about the January transfers. He will look to bring in a few as long as they add to the current squad and don't damage the spirit of the squad. He pointed out that you can't bring in players and then put those who are already on the fringe even further down the pecking order and we need to keep a good balance to also allow young players to get a chance.

He's so worried about changing the team at all now that he just won't do it until absolutely necessary!

O'Connell isn't bad, why couldn't we bring him into defence? Fisher is back in the development squad, he's played in the first team more than any other youngster we have so that's hardly a risk to put him in for Matthews if it's felt he needs a rest.

The problem with bringing in the young players last night was that they had just beaten Rangers the night before. Perhaps for the weekend game some of them will come in to the squad at least?

We play Motherwell this weekend, a tricky game but one we should definitely win seeing as they're sitting 10th in the table and have been struggling all season. They've raised their game when playing us this season.

welch47 - 4/12/2014 15:54

Did our young players beat Rangers first team?

:emoticon:19 Unfortunately not welch, just the development teams playing each other, they were soundly pumped though! 6-1 to our young bhoys!

I don't think you missed much welch so I wouldn't worry.

So they have as much talent coming through their youth squad as they have on the pitch! :emoticon:03 :emoticon:59 :emoticon:59 :emoticon:19

:emoticon:19 :emoticon:03 Yeah pretty much!

I couldn't help but laugh the other day when I heard Ally McCoist saying that some of his players may end up being sold in January to fill the £8m hole they need to fill to get them to the end of the season.......because quite frankly, who's going to buy any of their players with the exception of the young lad Lewis McLeod?
Lee Wallace might go to a small Championship team.

Nobody is going to pay money for Kenny Miller, Lee McCulloch, Ian Black or Kris Boyd. Jon Daly, Dean Shiels, David Templeton, Richard Foster, Darren McGregor and Nicky Law have all damaged their careers by going there. They'll all have to end their careers at Rangers and the majority of their first team are now at the age where they will be ending their careers. When you think about it, Rangers are in a much worse state than first thought. They need to replace these players, get better ones but they have no money and their youth team suck as well...... :emoticon:19

They could sell every one of those players and next year's season-ticket revenue and not get £8m. Seriously, where does their money go? They still have a big park and decent crowds, the boycott notwithstanding. It's not like missing the SPL TV contract is that much.

Last weekend, at home in the Scottish Cup against Kilmarnock, the attendance was around 15,000.....that's not good! That's not even half full!

The money goes on mismanagement and every single board member trying to use the club as a way to get a quick buck. They put money into the club but they want their money back out again as soon as possible for the biggest profit!
Murray and everyone involved back then were all taking their money's worth out of the club at every opportunity. They did it over a longer period of time which is why it wasn't noticed until the latter stages but they were bleeding the club dry of any contingency money.
Celtic fans think there is a lack of investment in the club at times but we don't want to follow the path of Rangers either!

Rangers are heading for Doomsday II, unless they eventually give in to Dave King and let him take over.

Latest Celtic News