vs Motherwell | Page 2 | Vital Football

vs Motherwell

We are seriously lacking in creativity here! Credit to Motherwell because they are making it difficult to break through but too many times Hooper and Commons are waiting too long to pass the ball and everyone in general is making risky passes which are being cut out. Lennon is in the stands today but he has a walkie talkie to communicate with the bench so we should still be able to change things!

What a run from Izzy down the left there and a great cross as well, just missed by Brozek!

The fact Zaluska has had more to do than Randolph just shows that we need to change something! Alan Thompson has just passed a message on to the team!

Gary Hooper is captain today btw! Surprised it's not Mulgrew or Ledley really!

OH MY GOD!!!! BROZEK, how the hell did you miss that? Great run and good pass from Wanyama, great turn on the edge of the box by Brozek to put him through one on one with the keeper and he puts it wide!

OH MY GOD!!!! BROZEK, how the hell did you miss that? Great run and good pass from Wanyama, great turn on the edge of the box by Brozek to put him through one on one with the keeper and he puts it wide!

Ki is off with an injury and doesn't look like he will be playing on. Paddy is set to come on for him, might actually add the spark we need. This might mean a reshuffle of the formation though! I think we would be better reverting back to a 4-4-2 with Wanyama moving into midfield, Cha and Izzy going to full back positions, Paddy left and Commons right, Brozek and Hooper up front....that's what I'd prefer to see right now because this isn't working!

Saying that, Ledley has just gone on a FANTASTIC run! Cha hasn't once used his pace to try and get down the wing against his opponent.

We never seem to get much done with anything but a 4-4-2. These experimental formations are ridiculous.

TONY WATT SCORES! CRACKING GOAL!!!!!

WOO!

Great flick on from Cha, Wanyama with a great run down the right, picks his cross and goes for the back post to Tony Watt who finishes from a tight angle and the keeper can't stop it! YAS!

Watt is playing a bit of a lone strike role now with Hooper and Commons sitting deeper behind him. Ledley is MOTM so far, his energy and determination has been great, he is bossing that midfield now that Ki is off but he is making the runs forward as well!

welch47 - 22/4/2012 15:26

Someone clean the jizz off Wee Od's ceiling. A youngster scores two!

Well at least there is now someone on the pitch who actually looks like scoring!

Ledley and Wanyama have been terrific today. Ledley is best in central midfield. I think he is wasted on the left.

There's a nice win! Keep the 18-point lead at the top of the table. I want to see us win the league by more than 20 points so there can be no question that we walked off with it.

Ended up a good, comfortable win, mainly thanks to the two goals which really knocked Motherwell out of the game!

Paddy's passing was good and the cross for The Cha was perfect but I still don't see him being here next season....still too injury prone, not fit enough and now being used as a CM where we have an abundance of talent!

Today showed that (other than the Old Firm game) we can go out with a changed side and still get the win. Brozek wasn't great but he had a few chances, given his lack of football this season, I think he can be forgiven. Still don't see any reason to keep him though. Izzy fizzled out in the second half and was caught out defensively a few times but all in all he was pretty good. A good pre-season under his belt and hopefully he will be back next season at his best.

I'm personally a fan of playing three at the back, but I don't think the players did it very well today. Mulgrew should have been covering the LB position but left that for Izzy to do all the time, Rogne seemed to be playing more in the RB role and Mulgrew basically playing sweeper while Wanyama was trying to go forward with the ball from that RB position. It was just a bit lopsided, if they stayed more balanced it would have been fine. Cha did very little defensively either which didn't help, both of the wing backs have to be full of running (what you expect from Cha) and get forward and back all game. Cha also didn't really take his man on which was disappointing but overall he still had a decent game.

I don't like three atthe back. Other teams try to hit us on the break, hence it plays into their game plan.

paddy pulling the strings in centre mid. so much better than ki. i saw him play there v spurs in 2009 and he just sat in and dictated play, like wanyam does but with so much better technique and he did run back so the fitness i feel is a myth. he also delivered a few defence splitting balls and a 30 yard ball to put sammy clean in for 1-0. then he went on one of his runs beating modric,king,kaboul and another yid before missing the one on one. hes class. and today that was after not playing in ages. i say keep him and sell ki. also if the £7m is true for hooper from southampton then id say off u go and buy some1 class. he has only done the same as jelavic and last year the same as miller(who both only played half a season) he doesnt look sharp now and id rather a class striker like jelavic who cost the same money to be honest. as for watt he looked great but i think he will get ridiculous hype now abouth ow he is the next henrik, if he keeps his feet on the ground he could be a great player. i also would like to see mcgeouch and twardikz again and fraser, they were rested for the u19s final tomorrow

Latest Celtic News