vs Killie - TITLE IS COMING HOME! | Page 4 | Vital Football

vs Killie - TITLE IS COMING HOME!

Lenny interview, then an outstanding and emotional ovation from the support and finishes with an interview with Broony

[youtube=YADAhrBQenc&feature=youtu.be]

All great stuff, Bhoys. Been getting pished all day. Ahhhh..... :emoticon:33 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:57

Great song,great pics great day. Am away tae watch the recording and get pished again..........................and again. Hic :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:23 :emoticon:14

Some sad news from Saturday though........Paul George has sustained a broken leg playing for the U19s against Rangers. Expected to be out for 6 to 8 months! A big setback for the talented young man especially as he could have been one of the young players to be given a chance in the first team in the coming weeks.

Thomas Rogne wants to sign a new long term deal with Celtic.....interesting stat on big Tam, we've only lost 2 of the 13 games he has started this season! I don't like to gloat but.....who was calling for Tam to be given his chance all season???? ME!!!!!

Ledley would be very happy to stay at Celtic for the rest of his life.......don't think many of us would say no to that!

Lennon: "There's no doubt we have to trim the squad a little bit, we will look to do that and maybe enhance the squad with two or three players of undoubted quality." - prepare to see quite a large number of players leaving!

Peter Lawell says the board will back Lenny to bring in the two or three quality players we need to make a push on Europe. The first qualifier for the group stages takes place on the 29th July...we are apparently already working on our targets for next season. We had better get them in quick is all I can say. Lennon also mentioned that our pre-season will be based around qualification to the Champions League, so no jet-setting away to America or Australia this year I wouldn't think and we should be playing against some European class competition.

And finally to sum up some of the recent news.....a funny one, once again at the expense of Rangers*. Carlos Bocanegra claims Rangers have the same global appeal as Man United......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Supposedly, Celtic are coming to the States to play Chelsea at Yankee Stadium. That would be great! There are a lot of Paddies in the Bronx! But it's not going to be a full tour like we have seen in the past with a game in Canada and one or two in the U.S.

The squad is too big. We all know who the marginal players and loaners who need to be sent away. But we clearly have too many midfielders and some playuers should be cut so Lenny can get a more regular squad. We shouldn't cut too deep, though. If the team makes a decent showing in Europe, add in cup games and you're talking two games a week for quite a while.

Of the players who started at all this year, I can see Paddy and Ki leaving. Majestro, as well. I hope Lenny patches things up with Stokes and he stays. Hooper will be in demand. Lawwell will have to fend off some big offers. Kayal and Izzy probably will stay because injuries kept them off the radar. We'll see. It will be very interesting.

As for Bocanegra's claim, he knows better. Go to a soccer shop in the U.S. and you'll find kits for the top EPL clubs along with Inter, Milan, Roma, Juve, Real, Barca and Bayern. You usually find a lot of Celtic stuff. Occasionally you'll fund bigot jerseys. But they don't get the same level of support as Celtic let alone those others.

A game against Chelsea would set us up well for Champions League level games so can't complain much at that.

Paddy should be for the off (one year left on his contract), Juarez is likely to go as well (2 years left on his deal), Murphy (one year), O'Dea (not sure how long he has left), Rasmussen (one year left) and Thompson will be off too (one year left I think). Then you have Loovens, Mjastorovic, Wilson, Cha, Blackman, McGinn, Towell and Cervi are all out of contract so will be away. Then there are the players in on loan, Brozek and Forster.

So that is a total of 14 players plus two loan players away this summer.....thats HUGE! We are only talking about bringing in 3 quality players to replace them as well. I think we will sign more than 3 but some will be younger players, more back-up than first team regulars.

The big question is as you say welch.....who else stays when the offers start coming in. I don't think any of our key players will go for less than £5m or £6m.....even a player like Wanyama I think we will crank up the price.

Samaras could be one that we get an offer for this summer.......would you sell him for decent money?? Commons is another strange one that we could see leave I think. If someone offers 2.5-3 million for Commons, he'll go!

Commons,Wanyama etc COULD be sold for millions.......but whats the point when it would take more millions to replace them? Pistol Pete isn't THAT daft and besides,Commons is starting to look like his last season self and Victor is a must stay. :emoticon:14

Sammy is going to pull a Bobo and stay here until his contract is up.

O'Dea's contract must be up. The paper it is written on is older than Jimmy's gout.

Jimmy, have you ever heard of a Celtic keeper named hugh McLeish who played in the late '50s and '60s? Tic and I are trying to find info on him. He and I play in the same pipe band.

I dont remember a Hugh McLeish but I must have seen him. But the dates dont match unless he played 2 games between Dick Beattie and Frank Haffey......the search is on. AND you machinegun toting Ciceronian Bootlegger,I have Diabetes not fekkin gout,I wish I had gout,they can fix that. :emoticon:14 :emoticon:11

Lovely, Jimmy. Go find oor man Hugh! I'll ask him at the next praactice for more info. His LinkedIn profile says he is on the naitonal advisory committee of the American Youth Soccer Organization.

I don't understand Welcho Capone....if you blaw the bag wi him why don't ye just ask him? Mind you,he might want to keep it quiet. Celtic in the 50's and early 60's were pretty dire.
Can ye lay Lament to The Creeks/.......beautiful. Will have to stART calling you Crimmin Capone. :emoticon:14

I'll ask him more at next practice, Jimmy. He said he played from about '58 to '66. Then I looked him up and can't find him. I emailed Jim Craig and he doesn't remember him, but they would have just barely crossed paths. I'll have to ask him for more infor at next pactice. I just joined this band a few months ago and Hugh doesn't show up very often. He's also a drummer, so I don't necessarily have much time to talk to him at every practice.

Anyway, I do know Farewell to the Creeks though it has been some time since I played it. It's a great tune. You've inspired me, Jimmy. It's a 6/8, which means I can play it in competition. I might just pick it up again.

Latest Celtic News