vs Hearts | Vital Football

vs Hearts

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Scott Brown is likely to miss the game after he had to have an injection and anti-inflammatory for his hip problem. He is still joining up with the Scotland squad but will probably only be used in one game by Levein. I would imagine Lenny will want to play Ledley or Kayal this weekend anyway.

Matthews is 50-50 with his seemingly ongoing ankle problem, after Lustig played so well in the CL then I think we are as well just letting Matthews rest and playing Lustig.

Lassad meanwhile has recovered from his calf strain and is again available for selection.

Celtic (from): Forster, Matthews, Lustig, Brown, Wilson, Ambrose, Mulgrew, Izaguirre, Wanyama, Commons, Ledley, Kayal, Forrest, McGeouch, Hooper, Zaluska, Watt, Lassad, Miku, McCourt......and all our other youngsters!

I would go with:

Forster
Lustig - Ambrose - Mulgrew - Izzy
Forrest - Kayal - Ledley - Commons
Miku - Hooper

Subs: Zaluska, Kilson, Rogne, Wanyama, Samaras, Lassad, Watt

Although we may need more young players in the squad so McGeouch may come in onto the bench as well.

Oh.....and Charlie Mulgrew has signed a new 4 year deal which keeps him at the club until the summer of 2016.....HURRAH!

I'd go with the same lineup but start Paddy over Commons. Give him a rest. I think he has played in every game this year.

Can't see how Paddy will be anywhere near the first team right now welch, he's well done the pecking order I'm afraid!

He'll be lucky to make the bench! This was always going to be Paddy's problem this season, big squad with promising young players coming through as well....he's going to struggle! That's why I thought he would go this summer!

I see him as Commons backup, really. We should use him in league games until we're done in Europe, which will be at least through December. Then use him in Cup games.

He's behind Samaras, Commons, Forrest and McGeouch.......and he rarely even plays on the wing these days! Often used more central.....where he has even more competition!

He is back-up but he's basically back-up to our first team players, of which there are enough to for two teams anyway.

I see Forrest more as a right sider and Sammy has been playing up front a lot. I'll give you McGeough.

In other news, Stiling Albion 1-0 Sevco or Knaveco or whatever. :emoticon:03 :emoticon:03 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:59 :emoticon:59 :emoticon:59 :emoticon:59

Did I mention that they are the worst team in Scotland? Oh, I mean they were bottom of the bottom until rangers arrived this morning.

My point about Samaras and Forrest is that even if Commons or McGeouch were being used on the right, Forrest or Sammy can play on the left before Paddy gets a look in. Sammy hasn't played up front much though......the CL game he was on the left.

I hadn't heard that result! I can't believe how bad they are away from home! HAHAHA! Great news!

G'day welch!

Should have been 1-0, glad to hear McDonald is ok after being KO'd by Mulgrew, this referee is fucking awful!

Mulgrew seems to be struggling and Ledley is to come on. Who takes the armband? I think this will actually be better for our midfield because I don't think it's really working so far!

OOh! Ahhh! Samaras! 1-0 on lovely finish from a great through abll by Commons. Putting a hurt on hearts. :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:43 :emoticon:43

Sammy deserves the armband. He must be our longest-standing player and has really come into his own under Lenny.

GOAL! Samaras!!!! Poor goalkeeping but good ball in behind from Commons and Sammy connects well to get the shot in! Captain is leading by example! Haha!

Defence are looking a bit slack, nobody really playing badly, just not looking switched on at the moment! Brown with Forrest is the only change to the starting line-up from the trip to Moscow so it's not surprising if some are a little off the pace but still not good enough either.

A little surprising Lennon didn't freshen things up a bit more!

Growing in confidence and quality going forward, Hearts are falling further back towards their own goal as we keep pushing them back but when they do get forward, we really need to be more alert and stopping it quicker. Our midfield seems to be a bit wayward and are not exactly helping out the defence. Lustig and Izzy pushing forward so far isn't helping either.

Nice neat passing from Samaras, Izzy and Commons before Commons finds a bit of space and pings a diagonal ball right over to Forrest who takes it out the air with a lovely touch before firing a shot just wide!

Latest Celtic News