vs Hearts (Scottish Cup) | Vital Football

vs Hearts (Scottish Cup)

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
So out of Europe, we now return to domestic football and play Hearts in the Scottish Cup. Hearts are never easy opponents, even with their team of youth.

Top of the table vs bottom of the table would seem like it writes itself but I think Lennon will need to shake things up today. Those that played against Milan will want to redeem themselves but I think if we went with a similar system or the same team.....it will be a long day!

Switch it up, change the system and change the team selection and keep the young Hearts players guessing! They don't have the experience to know what to do when the team and players they are playing change from what they are expecting.

Kayal is out for 6 or 7 weeks with a broken bone in his foot. Matthews and Mouyokolo are both still injured. Other than that I am not aware of any other problems.

Personally I would like to see:

Forster
Ambrose - VVD - Mulgrew
Fisher - Brown - Ledley - Derk
Rogic
Balde - Stokes

Subs: Zaluska, Lustig, Pukki, McGeouch, Biton

Celtic team to face Hearts: Forster; Lustig, Ambrose, van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Biton, Ledley, Mulgrew; Commons; Stokes

subs: Zaluska, Samaras, Boerrigter, Balde, Rogic, Pukki, Fisher

That's a rather disappointing line-up in my opinion.

One striker (Stokes), one attacker (Commons) and the rest aren't exactly well known for their goal scoring or attacking instincts......yet the bench is FULL of attack minded players (even Fisher as a defender is quite attack minded).

I agree. I have Mulgrew on the left of midfield. Not quick enough and not creative enough. I'd gone Commons left, where I think he is best, or Samaras there. And put Balde with Stokes. This business about him being raw of silly. It's true, but he can't be worse than any of the others who have partnered with Stokes. I'd rather have a raw striker than an attacking midfielder trying to play striker.

Agree welch! This is square pegs in round holes.....it's like we've gone back a few years! We have 4 CMs playing across all 4 of the midfield positions.......what happened to playing with wingers? We need at least one winger surely? Where's the pace on the counter-attack going to come from?

At least if you had Balde up front, you have the pace of Stokes up with him...........Stokes up front means we rely on the pace of Commons....what pace I hear you ask?

We should convert this to a 3 man defence, it more or less is already anyway. Everyone is pushing forward except Ambrose, VVD and Mulgrew is covering from midfield.

2-0........Commons again!! Maybe I should say he's not good enough more often! Get more performances like this! Btw, our season's top scorer is Commons.....kind of shows our lack of goals from the strikers this season.

Quickly taken free-kick puts Commons one on one with the keeper and with his right foot from a similar angle as the first goal that he hit with his left, he hits the ball to the opposite corner. Well taken and good quick thinking at the free-kick.

2-0........Commons again!! Maybe I should say he's not good enough more often! Get more performances like this! Btw, our season's top scorer is Commons.....kind of shows our lack of goals from the strikers this season.

Quickly taken free-kick puts Commons one on one with the keeper and with his right foot from a similar angle as the first goal that he hit with his left, he hits the ball to the opposite corner. Well taken and good quick thinking at the free-kick.

3-0, well done Broony, nice follow up......shame he couldn't keep a lid on the celebrations in front of the Hearts fans!

Latest Celtic News