vs Dundee Utd | Page 2 | Vital Football

vs Dundee Utd

Believe Gunning has been done for his kick at V V D and has declined a three match ban .......... hope they double it :emoticon:17

How did we play against DUTD? Been impressed with Stokes, I think when it comes to Stokes he likes being the main striker and while him and Hooper forged a good partnership up front I reckon he'd like being top dog. I prefer Hooper as a striker but Stokes definitely has more about him.

Played great in the first 20 mins David and had two close efforts go just wide , let them back into it and was even steven from therein ,, got a bit meaty but we held our own and to to their credit pushed up at every opportunity and got our just desserts with a faboulous free kick from stokes which beat the keeper all ends up clipping the inside of the post before going in around the 87min mark ...... hard fought victory and all credit due to the players who had already given their all against the kazak huns in midweek ...very satisfactory result mate ...... :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:14 :emoticon:35

wishaw bhoy - 4/9/2013 21:37

Played great in the first 20 mins David and had two close efforts go just wide , let them back into it and was even steven from therein ,, got a bit meaty but we held our own and to to their credit pushed up at every opportunity and got our just desserts with a faboulous free kick from stokes which beat the keeper all ends up clipping the inside of the post before going in around the 87min mark ...... hard fought victory and all credit due to the players who had already given their all against the kazak huns in midweek ...very satisfactory result mate ...... :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:14 :emoticon:35

Good stuff :emoticon:01 it's tough going playing a CL match like that and having to perform in the league the weekend after, hopefully we can kill off the league earlier this year.

Hopefully we're gaining the experience to cope on both fronts and if we gain momentum can ease in a couple of the the young troops ,, with the huns in the grave we'll never have a better chance to progress our young prospects . :emoticon:35

Funny how he gets a three-match ban but no one on solid colors saw anything more than a yellow on the pitch.

Thats a very valid point Welch and there is a dire need for officials to be punished in the findings of the complience proceedure , if they miss match changing decisions or blatent career threatning challenges then they too should be held accountable .

I believe Lustig played for Sweden against Ireland the other night.....ankle must not be as bad as we all feared! Either that or Sweden got him to take painkilling injections and he'll come back to us in a worse state than he left!

wee_od_88 - 9/9/2013 23:12

I believe Lustig played for Sweden against Ireland the other night.....ankle must not be as bad as we all feared! Either that or Sweden got him to take painkilling injections and he'll come back to us in a worse state than he left!

Lets hope it's the former because we certainly need him. Can't have been too bad if Celtic didn't raise concerns and let him travel in the first place.

We often don't have a choice in letting them join their national sides though.......it's often the case that they are told to join up and be assessed by the national team's medical staff. That's the worrying bit for our coaching team is that they don't really have any control unless it's a REALLY serious injury which means they are clearly going to be out.

Lustig played 65 minutes against the republic. I watched most of the game. He looked fine to me.

Speaking of the Republic, what a fucking woeful performance. Trapp may have stabilized the team but things have gone sour. The Italian style of defending to hit on the break does not work for this group.

Good news on Lustig.

I think Trap's time was up some time ago. Ireland have been horrible to watch since he took over, albeit his tactics have been nominally effective.

Hertz up next and then it's AC/DC :emoticon:73

Ireland is a dreadful watch. Roy Keane has jumped the shark in some ways, but he is dead on about Trapp keeping some players in action when they have been awful. O'Shea and Dunney Monster come to mind. I loved Dunne, but he couldn't stop a shopping cart these days. O'Shea is a fouling machine. And yes, he could certainly use Anthony Stokes, though frankly, I don't want it to happen so long as we're thin on forwards. All we need is Stokes playing more often.

On the Scotland front ..... heard WGS interviewed and he was talking about the media coverage of our national side since he took over and he had an interesting take on things ,, he admitted to not reading papers in general but acknowledged their positive slant on the progress being made under his guidance then said ..... " there is a huge difference in comparison to being a club manager " ...... who was that club side he managed in Scotland again ??? :emoticon:69

Latest Celtic News