vs Dundee Utd (Flag Day) | Page 4 | Vital Football

vs Dundee Utd (Flag Day)

Guidetti has really been in a slump for a few matches now. He has been misfiring, trying to force the issue and generally not getting it done. I know it's a short slump, but I think he needs a partner in the box. Could be as simple as a change in formation, which Deila will never do.

Guidetti has really been in a slump for a few matches now. He has been misfiring, trying to force the issue and generally not getting it done. I know it's a short slump, but I think he needs a partner in the box. Could be as simple as a change in formation, which Deila will never do.

Sceppo on for Guidetti and Commons for Stokes. I don't like it, not just yet. I'd keep Stokes on. He can create. Commons and Sceppo don't create chances.

I've missed the start of this 2nd half but WTF is going on here? I've heard the commentators saying we've had the whole of the game but it seems we've been caught on the counter.......someone get the ball in the back of the fucking net!

Usual shot. Not taking advantage of possession, sucker punched twice and awful referee decision. (Or non decisions)

Almost a second from Griffiths off the post. As poor as the play was, we really should have at least gotten a draw if not a win. Sceppo was onside by a yard. The non penalty calls were also poor.

Beaten by slow build up play, some penalty decisions that could have been, the linesman's flag was not our friend and some sloppy defending....

Credit to Dundee Utd because I thought defensively they were pretty damn good today! If we could play more solid like that I'd be happy!

Still top of the table by 4 points but it should be 7 or at least 5!

We're like wind up dolls, Tic. We repeat the same refrain over and again. This is basically a 4-5-1 with two men marauding down each flank. So, yes, we get many balls into the box to two players who much cut out a clear shot against five defenders. That's why the match stats show landslide victories in shots and possession, but not scoreline. Ronny won't change it. :emoticon:29 :emoticon:26 :emoticon:28 :emoticon:36 :emoticon:64

Deila has hinted he may drop Guidetti after going 4 matches without a goal (and not even coming that close either). Griffiths is proving he's the man in form after scoring at the weekend plus he scored a double for the Celtic Development squad against Sunderland development squad in midweek. I think it's time he was given a chance. Scepovic did OK from what I saw.
Guidetti will obviously not want to drop to the bench as he will feel the best way to get over a slump is to continue playing. With that in mind, perhaps we need to change the formation......put Griffiths up top with Guidetti.

I basically suggest we go 4-2-4 as you wouldn't necessarily want to drop Forrest or Stokes.

Sceppo looked pretty good. And his goal was onside. Every report of the match said the call was blown. He was yard onside. He times his run perfectly and had a nice finish. Griffiths hit the post and could have had two goals. I'd go 4-3-3 with:

Matthews------O'Connell----VvD-----Izzy
Brown--------Biton-------------Johansen
Griffiths----------Guidetti------------Stokes

I think with Stokes's passing ability and Griffiths pace coming into the box, Guidetti will have help and light it up. I ca't blame Guidetti here. Our system gives him no help. He is often 2-on-5 in the box when we pass in with only Johansen there in time to help.

Latest Celtic News