vs Dundee United | Page 2 | Vital Football

vs Dundee United

I take it back. Amazing effort from Sammy to win a penalty. Amazing! And he strokes it home for his 74th in Hoops. Congrats, Sammy.

Wow, cool finish from Commons makes it No. 3 and for him No. 32. The rout is on. A fitting finish to the season.

A great end to a good season. Nice exclamation point, Bhoys! Great seasons from Commons, Brown, Van Dijk, Ambrose, Stokes, Forster, and Izzy. :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08

Here's to next season with some new additions and improvement from those who stay! Maybe Hooper comes back! :emoticon:69

All the best to Sammy and Mjallby.

The og was a bit unfortunate on the lad, Welch. Twardzik was running towards goal as the du player tried to cut the ball back but hit Twardzik with it instead - a ricochet later...

Another good season with you and wee_od :emoticon:07

Less time these days so not able to spend as much time on here between games.

Afternoon lads! Another great season for us but could have been better at the same time. We lost some good players last summer, but we also added some fantastic ones! We played good football, we played some bad football at times....but even through the bad, we still managed to get the wins needed and that's what Champions are all about!

Been really impressed with some of the young lads who have come into the squad this season, I think it sets us up well for the years ahead. Henderson looks a class act in midfield, Fisher was improving a lot at RB, Twardzik got MOTM today and I thought other than a couple of times the attacker got in behind him and the unfortunate own goal; he did very well and then there was Atajic who scored a lovely goal on his debut and John Herron who debuted at RB but is normally a midfielder; he looks good and O'Connell at CB.
And on the positive side there are even more to come through....Waters at LB, Fraser at CB, Findlay at CB, McGregor at CAM and hopefully even Tony Watt to come back from his loan!

Great to see Stokes celebrate with the Oscar tribute (may he RIP).

Sammy confirmed he is going but it seems it was a financial decision by the club as I assume because of his age and how much he actually brings to the team along with his already high wages, the fact he wanted more was just not going to happen. All the best Sammy and thanks for all the great moments....as well as the "head in hands" moments!

Mjallby is going and all the best of luck to him! It would be great to have him back here one day as a manager in his own right!

I would just like to say thank you to both of you as despite the fact none of us have as much time to spend on this site as we used to, I still enjoy getting on and sharing with you! Here's to many more great seasons lads!

Here here, Wee Od! We are the last three here and I plan to keep coming back.

I think Sammy is too expensive for what he brings. Think about it. He doesn't even start and he is way too inconsistent. I actually like him. He was a great Celt and really loved wearing the Hoops. There just isn't enough value at this point and he seemed very disinterested the last few months.

I think that's pretty much it Welch. Given his age and what he actually brings to the team, I don't think Pistol Pete was prepared to give him the new deal he wanted. If anything he would have given him another 2 years but at the same rate, if not less, than what he's just been on.

As a professional, you can't complain. He's been a good ambassador for the club, but when you consider how much he's been in the team this season and how well we've played when he's been on the bench or not in the team at all.....it's clear that we don't need him and don't need to fork out big money to keep him.

I think we must be confident about finding a couple of replacements though.

Oh and big congratulations to BIG FRASER FORSTER on making the England World Cup Squad!!!!!! Well done to The Wall!!!!!

Latest Celtic News