Vs Aberdeen | Vital Football

Vs Aberdeen

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Aberdeen v Celtic ko 19:45. Celtic team: Forster; Matthews, van Dijk, Ambrose Izaguirre; Brown, Biton, Mulgrew, Commons; Griffiths, Stokes.

Subs: Zaluska, Samaras, Boerrigter, Balde, Pukki, Fisher, Forrest.

VVD has been sent off! After only 12 mins, VVD caught Pawlett (known for diving) as he was bearing down on goal.
Got an uphill struggle now! 1 to win the game and 2 to keep a clean sheet.

Without having seen the foul, I don't know if it was a clear straight red or not....

Since then also had Griffiths and Ambrose both booked for fouls as well. Ambrose fouled Pawlett.....this is sounding like a conspiracy already! Haha!

Arrived home just as the 1st went in. What a strike from Hayes, although left unchallenged and in acres of space.

Their secon was just piss poor defending....and the guy who crossed had all the time in the world...again.

VVD sending off, have you seen it yet Tic? Was it deserved?

I don't think we have much chance of coming back from this. This was going to happen sooner or later but I think we'd all rather it was later. The fact we will have lost to Aberdeen in our last 2 meetings is NOT good!

I would assume that Mulgrew has moved back to CB and we have reverted to a 4-4-1 formation with Commons and Stokes on the wings........in which case it would seem there is no good reason for Aberdeen having so much space and time in our half!

Forrest on to replace Commons at HT. I imagine that is to add some more pace to our counter-attacks.

2-1.....maybe not over quite yet.....we hope!

Not sure who else might come on for us tonight.....Boerrigter maybe, who else on the bench has the right mix of attacking ability but pace and energy to both defend and attack?
Balde could come on as a target and aim plenty of ball up to him to win, Pukki could run around a lot, Samaras could come on and do very little....Fisher could actually be a good shout, he's quick and can delivery good balls into the box but knows how to defend

Or I could be wrong and we bring Sammy on for Griffiths......

It seems we have been the better team this second half and are putting on a lot of pressure, just not quite getting the breakthrough for the 2nd goal yet.

It's all over! We fall to our first league defeat of the season. Even after the red card, I think the players will all be disappointed they didn't do better with the defending. Clearly fro the second half, we could have still won or at least drawn that game tonight!

Had a few internet problems tonight.

The sheep, even with a two goal lead and the advantage of an extra man, still played with ten effin men behind the ball in the 2nd half.

Thought we'd get the draw. Onwards and upwards to 3-in-a-row!

I wonder whether this will be a turning point in the season for Lennon's plans. Will he possibly start using the squad more? He wouldn't want to while we were still unbeaten. I know we have set the target of a new record points haul but surely now we can still start using more fringe players?

I'd like to see Balde get more time, Henderson deserves some more time in the team and it would be good to see Filip Twardzik back in the team by the end of the season. Then we also have Forrest to get back properly fit so he needs time away from the team to heal up in my opinion. Boerrigter needs more game time, Pukki needs game time, Fisher deserves more game time and it would be good to see our other young defenders come back from injury and get a chance as well, Marcus Fraser especially.

Celtic team: Forster; Matthews, Ambrose, Van Dijk, Izaguirre; Brown, Mulgrew, Johansen; Commons; Stokes Griffiths

4-3-1-2

Celtic subs: Zaluska, Balde, Pukki, Lustig, Kayal, Boerrigter, Henderson

:emoticon:07

Latest Celtic News