vs Aberdeen | Page 2 | Vital Football

vs Aberdeen

GOAL!!! MULGREW! Good finish in the box. Ball deflects from Samaras' shot, bouncing ball and as he is falling to get to Mulgrew hits it and squeezes it in at the post! We SHOULDN'T lose this now. Need to keep going! We've got them rattled!

McGeouch coming on for Sammy, good move Lennon!

Keeps Samaras fresh for the next game but still match sharp and gets McGeouch back into the first team picture as well!

A good win in the end but we really lacked some creativity and should have been able to break them down easier than we did!

Credit to Aberdeen though, I think Craig Brown has assembled a decent squad there at the moment and they have some good young players as well. There is talk that a number of our young players could go out on loan at least for a few months this January and I think a club like Aberdeen would be good for them! Players like Marcus Fraser and Joe Chalmers could all go out on loan in January.

There were some good performances from our players today and I don't think anyone played badly but there was just a bit of spark missing somewhere. Aberdeen had the spark of Fraser on the left and Hayes on the right, players who can make things happen and McGinn has been playing for them at the moment as well. It didn't feel like we really had anyone making things happen in one on one situations like Aberdeen did today.

Playing this 4-3-3 system means we are playing without natural wingers but as we don't really have any fit natural wingers at the moment and Commons isn't quick enough to play as an out and out winger anymore then I suppose we have little option but to play with who and how we are.

I would have liked to have seen Chalmers, Ibrahim or Atajic get on but I was glad to see McGeouch on and Lassad needed a run out after returning from injury. Lassad's goal will do him the power of good and hopefully it will fill him with confidence to go on and really push on now! I'm still not sure he will feature in Europe for us this season but I think he will get more time in the SPL!

I don't know if any of you have seen the facebook photos from Celtic yesterday of the team training but there were two photos with a mystery player in the background......however someone has been able to name him!

Juan Agudelo - 19 year old, Colombian born, American striker who was with New York Red Bulls but is now the Chivas. Not the greatest scoring record it must be said but he is 19 and already has 15 caps for the full US national team. Due to his age he hasn't really been a first team regular and most of his appearances for the US and fr his club have been sub appearances.

He is about 6ft tall and has very good technical ability but he has been struggling with injuries the last couple of seasons after exploding onto the scene at just 17. He is still considered a top prospect and we could be looking for either a short term loan with a view to buy or if we like him enough, we might want a permanent move for him in January.

It is the MLS off-season now for clubs who haven't made it through to the next stage so we could have him training with us for a while until the MLS season starts again even if we don't take him on loan. His club will want him back and fit and over his injury problems and the suggestion is that he needs to toughen up a little and to work on his work-ethic. He has been considered not the hardest working player and perhaps spending some time with Lennon and the players will sort him out!

Lots of info and some good videos of him on the STV website - http://sport.stv.tv/football/201097-could-juan-agudelo-provide-the-solution-to-celtics-post-europe-profligacy/

Still considered one of the biggest prospects in US soccer!

TicV"Establishment" - 17/11/2012 15:59

So, he's basically just a lazy big pussy :emoticon:46 :emoticon:33

Well I'm not really sure........but yes that does seem to be the case! :emoticon:19

It seems it was a case of what happens to many young players.....he thought he'd made it, thought he was great and then his form dipped!

crap game, support was below par too. but 3points and back top. looking good for tuesday. benfica top of league and will be strong

Good to see lots of Aberdeen fans turning out to support their team though! Just meant less space for our fans!

Tuesday I think we will struggle to get a win, in all honesty! Anything can happen but Benfica are a good team and at home it will be VERY difficult to beat them! A draw on the other hand......that would do very nicely! Then getting something out of Spartak visiting Celtic Park and we should be sorted!

Two draw and we're through. We cannot lose this one and I think Lenny will be playing conservatively to get a point. Is Hooper back?

They were hoping he would train yesterday along with Brown and Ledley. Forrest might not even travel!

tuesday i think a point will see us through as spartak should get beat and then befica should get beat in nou camp. i think we can nick a point in lisbon not sure about a win. theyre on 23 pts level at top with porto and will probably play carzola so wouldnt be surprised if they beat us

Latest Celtic News