vs Aberdeen | Vital Football

vs Aberdeen

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Big game this weekend. Aberdeen can move into 2nd place by beating us while we need to sort out our league form after some disappointing results in our last few of games.

Injury news for us:

Gary Hooper (hamstring), Thomas Rogne (calf) and James Forrest (damaged nerve) are still missing for Celtic but Lassad Nouioui returns after a groin problem.

Scott Brown (hip) and Joe Ledley (knock) are doubts but Kris Commons trained today after missing Scotland's win in Luxembourg with a hip problem while manager Neil Lennon has received no reports about any injuries sustained on international duty.

Emilio Izaguirre remains on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

We should rest Commons and let Paddy play. Commons seems to have played damned near every minute of every match both International and domestic. We'll wear him down.

Celtic side to face Aberdeen at 12pm: Forster; Lustig, Ambrose, Wilson, Matthews; Commons, Kayal, Wanyama, Mulgrew, Samaras, Watt
Subs: Zaluska, McCourt, McGeouch, Lassad, Atajic, Ibrahim, Chalmers

A few surprises and an interesting bench today!

I'm surprised Ambrose is playing.....considering he traveled to Miami midweek.....Lustig played most of the game against England, if not all of it so he could be tired.....Samaras played about 45 mins of Greece's win over Ireland so he should be ok actually. Mulgrew played a large chunk of Scotland's game in Luxembourg and Wanyama was apparently suffering with the effects of a virus....lets just hope he is over that!

I imagine Mulgrew will play LCM, Wanyama CM and Kayal RCM with Commons Samaras and Watt playing as a front 3. That might also explain today's bench a little as well....

Chalmers can play LB, CB and midfield so there is a bit of versatility there. Atajic has been in great form for the U20s this season and the 4-3-3 formation should suit him really well if he gets his chance as he can play as a striker or on the wing. Wide of a front 3 suits him better than left or right of a 4 man midfield.

To be quite honest, I hope Lennon uses all 3 subs today.....this is the sort of game he could decide to just carry on with who he has on the pitch and not bother making any subs. I think that's foolish myself! Some of the players starting the game today WILL get tired and we will have to replace them! Lennon needs to make sure he times the changes correctly and brings on the right players in the right positions!

I want to see McGeouch back in the team but I'd also like to see Chalmers, Ibrahim and Atajic given a chance but Lassad needs some game time in the team again as well and we need some extra striking options.

COYBIG!

A few surprises and an interesting bench today!

I'm surprised Ambrose is playing.....considering he traveled to Miami midweek.....Lustig played most of the game against England, if not all of it so he could be tired.....Samaras played about 45 mins of Greece's win over Ireland so he should be ok actually. Mulgrew played a large chunk of Scotland's game in Luxembourg and Wanyama was apparently suffering with the effects of a virus....lets just hope he is over that!

I imagine Mulgrew will play LCM, Wanyama CM and Kayal RCM with Commons Samaras and Watt playing as a front 3. That might also explain today's bench a little as well....

Chalmers can play LB, CB and midfield so there is a bit of versatility there. Atajic has been in great form for the U20s this season and the 4-3-3 formation should suit him really well if he gets his chance as he can play as a striker or on the wing. Wide of a front 3 suits him better than left or right of a 4 man midfield.

To be quite honest, I hope Lennon uses all 3 subs today.....this is the sort of game he could decide to just carry on with who he has on the pitch and not bother making any subs. I think that's foolish myself! Some of the players starting the game today WILL get tired and we will have to replace them! Lennon needs to make sure he times the changes correctly and brings on the right players in the right positions!

I want to see McGeouch back in the team but I'd also like to see Chalmers, Ibrahim and Atajic given a chance but Lassad needs some game time in the team again as well and we need some extra striking options.

COYBIG!

Aberdeen have started brightly! Fraser really does look like a talent on that left wing for Aberdeen!

We need to settle the game down and start to impose ourselves with good passing. At the moment we can't really get on the ball and if we do it's almost immediate attack. Let's just be a bit more composed!

Our starting XI pretty much picked itself, given the injury list. Other than deliveries from Mulgrew we are lacking a bit of creativity, although if Commons hit some form that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Would like to see McGeouch getting a run out.

welch47 - 17/11/2012 12:53

Not a bad first half but we're still breaking down in the final third.

Yeah. We lack real creativity in the midfield and, in the main, we rely on crosses or set-pieces as a result. We have Mulgrew and Commons to deliver killer crosses but it's someone who can play the killer pass into Watt or Samaras that we lack.

Plenty of pressure from us but we've not really made their keeper break sweat yet.

We got better as the game went on but we are definitely missing some creativity from the midfield. McGeouch or Ibrahim would surely sort that.

Our best chance of a goal seems to be from a cross or corner.....we need to work out how to open them up in open play! I noticed them playing quite a high line, we should be getting in behind them with Samaras and Watt's pace....

Fraser off which is good for us but Vernon on, a more physical threat to deal with now. Ambrose and Kilson will need to be ready for it!

At least Lustig might be able to get forward more without having to worry about Fraser being left free behind him!

About time for a sub from us now though I think! Bring a bit more spark to our play!

4 defenders back there but we couldn't deal with it because Kilson tried to header the ball into midfield, but we had no midfield there.....so Aberdeen were able to break!

I really think it's time for a change of possibly player and shape!

And as I typed that.....Commons went off for Lassad! A bit of an aerial threat and he's got strength and skill, lets hope he can spark some life into us!

Commons has a hamstring injury which is why he is being taken off. Can't take a risk with so many injuries already!

FUCKING GOAL!!!!!!

What a strike from Wanyama, bounces back off the post and falls straight to Lassad who finishes well!

That's what he needed! That's what the team needed today as well!

Latest Celtic News