Voted best ground for atmosphere out of the whole 92 ! | Vital Football

Voted best ground for atmosphere out of the whole 92 !

I love a visit to Sincil Bank. Upper Coop block 6 beside 617. Can’t think I’ve been to a better ground for atmosphere (at the moment) for years. A traditional old school stadium ram packed full and singing. ❤️⚪❤️⚪

Never thought I'd use the words intimidating and hostile about a Lincoln crowd, after many years of sitting in virtual silence (mostly down to onfield proceedings), but we have that now in abundance. The noise is quite incredible and I still find myself scanning the stands at all the occupied seats. Who'd've thunk it?

I can't profess to be a great traveller to UK football grounds (haven't been to any of the other 10 grounds in this list), but I do know for sure that other stadiums would have to do very very well to match SB's atmosphere when the noise is really cranked up.

Having been out of the country periodically over the last 2-3 years, I've missed some of the big highlights (Ipswich, Torquay and Macclesfield in 16-17). But some of the games last season and the beginning of this really stand out as well... Notts County, Chelsea Kids, Exeter and Colchester in 17-18 were brilliant... as was MK Dons in September. Huge credit has to go to the 617 boys for leading it all, but the roar of the whole stadium when a late goal goes in, or even when the referee gets it in the neck at half-time (like Notts last season and Cambridge this), really is superb (and very much missed out here in Malaysia ATM).

As I'm sure many others on these boards have done too, I've found myself watching PL/CL matches at the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal and thinking how pathetic the 'atmosphere' is. Liverpool for me is the one major exception. In fact, I'd go as far to say that's the one ground in England that I've never been to that I'd pay top whack to visit before I die... preferably for a big European night.

Liverpool for me is the one major exception. In fact, I'd go as far to say that's the one ground in England that I've never been to that I'd pay top whack to visit before I die... preferably for a big European night.

Whereas with me I would rather eat sh-te then set foot in Anfield :lol:

I think the only time I will ever go there is if we ever play them. :grinning:

I have even turned down the chance of a corporate Jolly at Anfield, I am afraid my ingrained hatred of Liverpool FC hasn't diminished one bit from their self righteous domination of English football in the 80's. For me as a club they have never lost that self conceited air of entitlement.

Whereas with me I would rather eat sh-te then set foot in Anfield :lol:

I think the only time I will ever go there is if we ever play them. :grinning:

I have even turned down the chance of a corporate Jolly at Anfield, I am afraid my ingrained hatred of Liverpool FC hasn't diminished one bit from their self righteous domination of English football in the 80's. For me as a club they have never lost that self conceited air of entitlement.

Calm down! Calm down!

It is so much better than it used to be at Sincil Bank, much of this is due to the influence of the 617.

All the grounds with decent atmospheres have two things in common:
1. Generally they are relatively full.
2. There is a comparatively relaxed attitude with regard to standing in the main singing areas.

Both of these facts are hugely important when/if we move.

https://www.the92.net/stats#.XDhw72mnw0N

Another poll from the same site on "overall rated"(from the stats section) not sure what attributes this involves but has us at 33,,cods 84 and Scunny 88. Not sure how Blunders gets above glumford, both horrible in their own ways but surely BP worse.

Not for me. Blunder Park at least has some old-school charm, and a good noise can get going when the home fans get behind the team.

Glumford on the other hand has absolutely nothing going for it as far as I can tell. Completely soulless and devoid of atmosphere. The original and worst of the 'new' grounds post Bradford/Hillsborough.

What a change, when us travelling Imps used to tip up at the likes of Preston, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Burnley et al and wish for a home atmosphere at Sincil Bank like that, what a change.
Burnleys longside terrace was quality when full , as was nininan park with 10000 taffs doing the alaytoa ( wrong spelling I know ) wolves nth bank in full roar