Vital Welcomes The Manager... | Vital Football

Vital Welcomes The Manager...

The first question is from our resident stats king, Zip, asks:

How do you feel about potential money spinners, like the Football League Trophy? (No offence to your predecessor, but the game at Hartlepool left a lot of travelling Millers feeling angry and cheated by the lack of interest shown by the performance. Obviously the league is the priority, and rightly so, but after casting a jealous eye at Donny's success last year, and the revenue such a run would bring in begs me to ask if the competition will be taken seriously or not

All the competitions we enter will be taken seriously, it is important to get a rhythm, and we will pick the team that we believe can win the game.
Financilly a cup run would be a major boost to the club.

Nice answer!

Our youngest member on Vital, Dusty, asks:

How much have you slashed the wage bill this season?

We have let the out of contract players leave and have brought in 8 players. We have had to juggle the finances a bit.

I would imagine that juggling is part and parcel of being a manager these days.

Our next question
Scunny Miller asks:

Do you think we have the need for a big, strong, 'old fashioned' type centre half and centre forward to galvanise the youngsters?

We are, at present, trying to bring in 2 players of that ilk, so yes is the answer. We have got to be able to play different styles to counter the opposition.

Still wanting to know about new signings:

Eebbee wants to know:

How will we be fixed for signing a new striker as it's been reported that we are up to our wage limit?

AND

Ollie asks:

When can we expect some more signings and who will they be?

WHILE

Foo says:

Some people say we should have a new 'keeper, others a new striker - what is the priority

We are still looking to strengthen and if the right players become available we will act.
Staying within budget is a priority.
There are two keepers coming in for pre season training.

Probably..... when they come in and if theyhave a successful trial period.

Oh nice one! LOL

Chubby wants to know:

When did you decide to have a clear out of players, both in and out of contract?

Having looked at the situation i felt we needed fresh blood, players who really want to come and play for us with a desire to do well and repeat their achievements at Rotherham United.

I was personally surprised that Michael Keane went - but I do agree re the fresh blood.

Next question from the boss:

Mex asks:

Has the off field court dealings had an effect on who you wanted to sign?

Not at all, players just want to know that things are on an even keel, any negative outcome of the court case just means that we are sitting tennants again.

Yes, I was given to understand that - so thats good.

Miller4life asks:

Looking at the new signings do you think the squad is strong enough to challenge for automatic promotion?

The players we have signed are good players and want to do well for themselves and the club, which is the way it should be, and the way I demand it. They all have the opportunity to make themselves heroes in Rotherham and that is down to their hunger and fight.

You're a hard task master then, I take it?

Bez wants to know:

What are your aims for your first season in charge?

Our aims are the same as the other 23 teams at the start of any season. We need a good run of results to start the season and confidence comes from winning games. Being injury free and a little bit of luck will see us do well.