Vital List - Family Connections..... Not | Vital Football

Vital List - Family Connections..... Not

Chix

Vital Champions League
In this thread we try to find tenuous family connections between Pompey players past and present and a well known person ... from any walk of life...and any part of history..

I reckon we can get to 100 ...

I'll get the ball rolling...

1. Pompey's on-loan goalie Trevor Carson and his comic Granddad 'It's the way I tell'um' Frank :17:

2. Coronation Street 'bad-boy' Ken Barlow (who if found guitly should be locked up for a very long time) and his older brother Pompey Cup winner and (old) Division One Championship winner Bert

3. Brave Scottish Warrior and subject of many a film William Wallace and his great great great grandson and Pompey starlet Jed

Wallace was also a relative of darts great Jocky Wilson if I recall from the old thread as well as a distant relative of film stars Owen and Luke Wilson.

Not sure how we linked Wallace to Wilson .. but as we are one the subject Jocky Wilson is of course the fat darts playing uncle of former Pompey and ROI international Marc ..

D'oh, we didnt... got confused!

Shaun Cooper didnt follow his grandfather Henry into the ring but did take on a sporting platform... Becoming a boxer when he retires isnt ruled out...

Joanne Froggat, actress in the posh tele drama Downton Abbey is the twice removed great grand daughter of former Pompey & England player Jack Froggatt. Fact. :142:

One of my favourites ...

Ex-Pompey players Allan, Ambrose, Fredrick, James, Michael, William & Thomas Brown ... and their Irish matriarchal Mother Mrs.. .... They are of cause Mrs Brown Boys :2:

Ex- American President Jimmy Carter and the Pompey playing winger named in his honour .. Jimmy Carter

Golfing comedien Jimmy Tarbuck, his TV presenting daughter Lisa and her long lost Pompey Academy playing son Bradley

Former Radio One Sunday Evening DJ Annie Nightingale and her former Pompey playing step-brother Luke

:141: :112: :41:

Tony Barton, Pompey ex winger, is the great nephew of the long ago well known Radio lawman, Dick Barton special agent.

Current Wimbledon Mens Tennis champion Andrew Murray and his former Pompey playing second cousin Shaun.

World famous DJ and the first voice to be heard on Radio One Tony Blackburn and his soul swinging ex Pompey playing brother who incidentally went out with Tessa Wyatt before Tony .. Keith

Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa & Maggie Simpson and there long lost Jamaican footballing World Cup hero cousin Fitzroy