Vini not in the Brazil squad Because | Vital Football

Vini not in the Brazil squad Because

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
The BLADES don't keep the ball well enuff in games accordin to Vini in a interview wi some Brazilian media.:giggle: Jeez,nowt to do wi him bein poor in the majority of games this season and givin the ball away(like most of our squad)I wonder what our Chris has had to say to Vini.UTB

I'd imagine it's been lost in translation to some extent, and he's not lying about us not having the ball.

But if he thinks he helps us keep the ball, he's completely deluded. He's the most wooden, one dimensional and unprogressive Brazilian midfielder I've ever seen.

And as our main, deepest and most central midfielder these comments would be like a centre back bemoaning his team's terrible defence.

I wouldn't expect Souza to have any self awareness. It comes across clearly on the pitch. He's an erratic, disorganised and confusing footballer who has no idea what he's doing, yet we rely on him to pull it together defensively. He expects the world from his team mates while not doing his own job. No wonder so many teams have walked straight through us this season.

Signing him was a stupid risk because it meant a complete change in midfield dynamic. He needed to be exceptional to justify it and he's far from it.

We need to take whatever we can get for him. We'll be lucky if that's £4m. Hopefully he has a good agent.

Ah yes but Doyle would have needed over 50k p/w and we can't have any player earning more than the rest because that's just mean and unfair.

The shite we signed will cost us more than having Doyle for 3 years would have in total.

And Doyle would have actually got us back up, unlike clowns like Souza.

Deffo should have kept Doyle and paid the ackers, shud av kept a player that knows and put the shifts in for our club rather than waste the ackers on players that just don,t fit.

The whole Souza/Traore/Slimane transfers had Abdullah’s name all over them. Doyle should have been the very first signing. Especially as the management team knew about the high possibility of losing Berge and Ndiaye. We need to concentrate on quality not quantity the next window. The best championship players. The wage bill will be much reduced with the addition of players like Anel, Souza and Hamer sold.

The whole Souza/Traore/Slimane transfers had Abdullah’s name all over them. Doyle should have been the very first signing. Especially as the management team knew about the high possibility of losing Berge and Ndiaye. We need to concentrate on quality not quantity the next window. The best championship players. The wage bill will be much reduced with the addition of players like Anel, Souza and Hamer sold.
How long have we been saying quality not quantity and yet here we are 🤷‍♂️
And we probably need quantity now as there will be a migration like we’ve never seen before (much needed I might add)
Not sure who is going to want hamer can’t see a prem side gambling he’s not shown enough imo they will have to be desperate and if it’s the 3 relegated clubs going back up I don’t think he would improve them

And we probably need quantity now as there will be a migration like we’ve never seen before (much needed I might add)
Not sure who is going to want hamer can’t see a prem side gambling he’s not shown enough imo they will have to be desperate and if it’s the 3 relegated clubs going back up I don’t think he would improve them
Allegedly Leeds would be interested if they get promoted. I don’t think he would improve them that much.

We might as well keep Hamer unless we can get over £8m for him.

But we shouldn't expect him to carry us like he did Coventry last season. We'd need to sign another midfielder of a similar level. A proven player, to go with the youth and Davies.

Saw this on X the other day it got some real pelters in the replies from our fans and rightly so I’m still trying to reconcile the fact we paid 10m for him add slimane and traores fees to that and you’ve got doyle who would have made a difference to us unlike those 3 🫤
Every window we always say the same, been doing it for years now and it's always quantity! The club never learns, and I don't expect the next window to be any different in fact we will be still looking at players probably right up to the last week in the window again. And end up with same owd, same owd! As for Hamer he's a championship player at best.

Every window we always say the same, been doing it for years now and it's always quantity! The club never learns, and I don't expect the next window to be any different in fact we will be still looking at players probably right up to the last week in the window again. And end up with same owd, same owd! As for Hamer he's a championship player at best.
Exactly. It's been the quality loans like Henderson, MGW, Doyle and McAtee, some of our kids stepping up making the grade and the old players that have been here for years that have stood out over the past few years, not the ones that we've payed good (silly) money for. They have ranged from meh to total disasters!

I do have hopes for Hamer next season though, he was definitely one of the best players in the Championship at Coventry. Like a lot of our players though, it depends if his head is right.

Last edited:
He's been a disappointing and frustrating player. However I don't really have a problem with these comments, Brazil love a midfield 'destroyer' so his Flamengo and Citeh group DNA will ensure he eventually gets a call up. His stats in key areas this season have been good enough to create a market for him in the summer. Managers will look to inept coaching and poor midfield team mates as to why he's been at the heart of a losing team.

He was signed with the intention of having Berge on his right and a Chukwuemeka or Lewis O'Brien to his left. But we screwed up recruitment and have gone the season with an unsettled midfield.

No matter what the overall midfield plan was it was a very shitty idea to earmark someone for the central role with absolutely no playmaking ability and very limited mobility.

No playmaking ability and very limited mobility? Why is this geezer conning a living and getting paid good ackers as a professional Premier League footballer?

Because he's Brazilian and looks the part?

Maybe we should have watched him playing football before we signed him.