Villa Fans Warned On Prospects For Jan Transfer Window | Vital Football

Villa Fans Warned On Prospects For Jan Transfer Window

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Looks like we'll be having our begging bowl out this January thanks to the ridiculous FFP rules.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523837">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Does anyone know where we are at with the FPP? If we sell, can we spend all of the money? Are we going to have to sell more players to balance the FPP account?

It seems to me that we have a great squad and with the exception of the injury to JT, we are looking good. If we can get by with Big Chris until January, we should be alright.

I don't want too many signings, our squad is good enough, although another CB and CF wouldn't go amiss, as injuries have shown us to be a bit light in those positions.

I thought that we are about £1M clear of FPP penalties, so sell to buy it is, but I can't remember where I read that.

I'm with the above. I think we have the players, at least as good as is reasonable to expect. We're not going to get the sort of player who could really make a difference to the squad. Any players we sell we're unlikely to get value for money for, unless we sell our best to PL clubs and we don't want to do that. We have players queuing up to get into the team.

Making the best of what we've got is, for a change, a really positive action. And the quicker the club's position improves the better.

This FFP is a load of toss. If your PSG or Man City etc you do what you want. Nothing has happened to any of the so called big clubs. PSG are the biggest culprits and they get away with it all the time. I'm waiting for a small club to test this FFP in the courts, or all the oil runs out.

The players we want to move on are unfortunately not going get much interest, unless its on loan. I'm guessing Bruce will be looking at the loan market for any additions in January. I would like to see us get in another striker myself, preferably someone who can hold the ball up in case Davis picks up a knock or suffers a drop in form.

garygaryshaw - 20/11/2017 23:33

The players we want to move on are unfortunately not going get much interest, unless its on loan. I'm guessing Bruce will be looking at the loan market for any additions in January. I would like to see us get in another striker myself, preferably someone who can hold the ball up in case Davis picks up a knock or suffers a drop in form.

We have Kodija, Davis and Hogan all competing for what should be 1 spot (4-5-1). We also have Calum O'Hare tearing it up and RHM around the club somewhere. Oh, and Drinky McGateface is out in Australia and we are probably still paying his wages. We probably have too many strikers if anything.

I thought the same myself a couple of months back, but of all of those mentioned Davis is the only one we can currently pick. Kodjia's ankle is a worry and he may not be 100% for the rest of the season, Hogan has been a complete flop - he just doesn't suit the way we play. RHM seems to be as injury prone as Gabby, O'Hare looks good but he's not an out and out centre forward and its a lot to pin all our hopes on a young kid like that. McGateface :) I wouldnt trust him if we did bring him back.
In a perfect world Davis will continue to lead the line for the rest of the season, but its a big risk. Our other option will be Gabby when he is back from his latest calf strain and I can just imagine the comments on here if he gets back in.
I'd feel far more confident if we could get someone in on loan for 6 months to share the load with young Keinan

I agree with you garygaryshaw.

We need another striker in on loan or whatever. Can you image if Keinan got injured?...... We'd be up a creek without a paddle. We're not scoring enough goals as it is! Forget about Gabby and sadly his apprentice... RHM.

Hopefully RHM will come through this terrible run of luck with his injuries but we can't afford to wait for him.

The problem with all the strikers mentioned above in addition to GGS highlighted issues is they just havent scored goals this season.
The team looks better balanced without Kodjia, and with regard to the others I dont think Bruce will change the teams style of play to accomodate any of the rest.

I know we ran it close in the summer to fit in with the pathetic FFP rules. As said in the article and garygaryshaw says above, the trouble is trying to move on players that no one else wants (probably due to high wages .. plus some aren't exactly brilliant)

So a difficult juggling act.

I like how Bruce didn't use it as an excuse though, he said that's what management is about. He does have a decent squad in my humble.

One priority might be to sign Johnstone if we can, in either January or the summer, so some funds may be earmarked for that. We may not get him, of course, but he's unlikely to disappear in January. If he goes in the summer, either buy in or promote Steer, who's looked OK this season; think Steer (and others) will get a run in the cup.

Re forwards, Bruce might start sticking McKirdy on the bench. Don't think he's really ready but the odd outing could help everybody.

Isn't Amavi completing a permanent move in Jan for £8 million? That would be a help. I'm not 100% on this but we may have reached the maximum amount of loans we can have in the squad too - so we may have to make one permanent to free up another loan signing. Johnstone seems the best bet and would still leave us with a little bit left over from the Amavi deal.

I think the rule is you can have up to 8 players on loan, but only allowed to field 5 of them at once. Bruce shoving Elmo up front for the last 5 minutes last night, was probably to show the Dr how threadbare we are up front at the moment. Could be worth us trying to get Afobe from Bournemouth until the end of the season

For us i think it is a reallity check. Richards , elphick , gabby , mcormack contribute nothing to the cause and must kill us for 130, 000+ a week in wages. In fairness to bruce his transfer buiseness has been spot on , just a shame about hogan but hopefully some business can be done and some losses taken to move some players on to free up funds. One thing is for sure , we have to get promoted .