Villa away to Preston | Page 10 | Vital Football

Villa away to Preston

I would have played Taylor last night but hutton had possibly his best game for us.

Terrific attitude he has

Reality check: it was only a weakened Preston. Beating teams below us is a good improvement; too many we've failed to win in the past. We have to keep on doing this consistently; this month is a good test. But the ultimate test is doing it against the teams around and above us.

Last night showed we create chances when we apply pressure. Still think we need more of a cutting edge up front.

Yes but we have tripped up against such sides before. This season it isn't happening. One loss in 10 is promotion form.

3 home games this month, we have to be winning them to stay in the mix. Away to QPR is winnable especially as we seem to have turned a corner away from Home and we did win there last season. I know Hutton has done well since coming in for Taylor but I’d still put Taylor back in as it’s his natural position and as for whelan finally looking a great buy m, I think he has from the beginning, always does the dirty work.

A great, commanding performance. Villa away to Preston North End.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523766">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Big difference for me is Davis a proper centre forward and a team player , just needs to knock a few in now . He'll be awesome when he fills out !
Koj getting injured was a blessing I Think, otherwise the kid would have been on the bench again and we'd have drawn 0-0

Davis reminded me of a Garry Thompson type player last night. He Isn't half strong , but he will get some stick from the opposition and it was good management last night to take him off.

I've got to hold my hands up about Terry. I had massive doubts about how much desire he would have for a Championship season long battle but I have to admit that the bloke is a colossus. A real captain's performance last night...again.

sirdennis - 2/11/2017 07:42

Got back at 5.15am . !!!!!!!1

Still happy though . I am developing a proper man crush on Terry. Ican see why the Chelsea fans worshipped him the way they did.

Erm, I think you will find that last night I already declared a man crush on Terry or JT as he likes me to call him.

The way Davis can hold the ball allowing other players to run into areas and feed off him remind me of Peter Withe....I know huge boots to fill but he has time on his side and a lot of experience in that team to help him along.

We now need to turn winning away into a habit, it was a great performance but I now want to see us go into every away game as clear favourites. Ultimately I don’t care it we win in style or grit, but winning in style breeds a great confidence.

I’ve slightly come back down to reality today in that it was Preston we beat, we all want to be back playing the top teams in the country so we absolutely should be beating these sorts of clubs with the greatest of respect.

Nevertheless you can only beat who’s in front of you. Onto Wednesday at home and QPR away :7:

Not wetting any knickers yet but the mix of experience and youth worked well . That level has to be maintained and that goal difference has to keep creeping up. We finish with a 25+ goal difference and we will be automatically promoted.
Simplest.

Man of the Match winners from Aston Villa's recent games against Birmingham City and Preston North End.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523779">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>