Villa (a) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Villa (a)

Squad down to the bare bones. Club need to back the manager in transfer window

They totally deserve to be winning. We’re going to give up our home form to a shit Newcastle team who have won once away all season and have tons of injuries, no striker on the pitch, being outclassed by a 17 year old schoolboy and bloody Longstaff in midfield.
From the Villa forum
Agree with everything but the shit word

Game went good till we hit the third. Villa pressing, Newcastle United defending. Burn was too late for there goal. I think Livramento gave a good job giving Burn cover.
I just hope our injury list won't go up now with Isak and maybe Dubravka.
Good needed away win with decent watch when pressing and attack.

All the Sky and MSM talk will no doubt be about how poor Aston Villa were but the facts are that this was an Eddie Howe masterclass in how to play against their high press and ball from the keeper.

At some points and even late on, we had 5 players pressing their goal kicks. They just couldn't get out or up the pitch but yet again and probably for the 15th game or something, our injuries and the opposition with their stronger, fresher bench, changed things and nearly caused a travesty.

As I keep banging on about it, once we get everyone back then we're not far away from a challenging side and with a tweak of the FFP rules or a sale and the right 2 or 3 players in, then next season can be massive.

Excellent win, Gordon booked again so will be missing soon. Two fragile strikers are not going to move you anywhere. Longstaffe not good enough as I have said previously. Burn commited but will be exposed by a decent winger.
Overall much better than Fulham but is our constant injury list down to bad luck or something else.
Isak is beginning to look as paper thin as Wilson.

They would love to and money is not a problem. The problem is the so called 'big six' and the Premier League
How do you know they would love to? I love a good conspiracy myself but you can't blame the Premier league on everything. The big 6 will soon be a thing of the past, the same way the big 4 before it. Also, there are alternatives - the loan market for example with option or obligations to buy. To me it looks like they're not trying especially given the squad situation the whole season. They had months to prepare for players when they knew our players would be out injured for months.