(Video) Has David Silva Lost His Mojo? | Vital Football

(Video) Has David Silva Lost His Mojo?

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has made worrying comments about David Silva playing through pain again - is he coming to the end of his footballing career?

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=563276

On a personal note...

Silva is not himself, okay he's not the strongest player but over recent games I've noticed David being muscled off the ball far more than he used to.

Is he injured? Possibly but reading his body language suggest he may have lost some of his mojo.

Pellegrini on Silva: "David is coming back from a long - I can’t say an injury because it is a pain in his ankle."

"He is trying to improve as much as he can, but he continues to play not 100% comfortably."

"He did well against Villa and I hope if he is 100% he will continue improving. He is still feeling the pain."

It's fairly evident he's struggled for form this season since that knock he took on international duty, it used to be a case of even when he struggled he was still an asset as he could produce that moment of magic however that hasn't been the case on a number of occasions this season where he's made no impact on the game at all.

That flick for Aguero's second on Saturday though was Silva's mojo at full effect.

This could be BS but when it was announced Pep was coming i read that Yaya would be one of the first out of the door followed by DS as they do not play the Pep way (whatever that means)

David Silva will go down as a City all time great, never a peep about going anywhere, envied by lots of Clubs, injured because he is targeted and not protected enough by referees.

He has just returned from injury and it takes time to get fully match fit, but how many times have we heard, stop Silva to stop City, he is unbelievably marked and still manages to play better than most other players on the park

Then we get questions like this, the answer is up to DS21 because he deserves our backing.

Absolutely nailed it, Buzz. Couldn't have put it better. His ankles have been kicked to buggery all his City career. Legend in my eyes and up there with Sergio.

60 assists inc 10 this season even though injured, I just think storylines like this are designed to disrupt City and undermine our best players.

<br /><div><span style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">&quot;He is trying to improve as much as he can, but he continues to play not 100% comfortably.&quot;&nbsp;</span></div><div><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 11px;"><br /></span></font></div><p></p><div>&quot;He did well against Villa and I hope if he is 100% he will continue improving. He is still feeling the pain.&quot;&nbsp;</div><span style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><div><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 11px;"><br /></span></font></div></span>----------------<br /><br />If he has been carrying an injury why has he kept playing him, it makes no sense.<p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Because even a half fit Silva is better than anyone else in the midfield department and we lost Red Kev, who could have allowed DS21 some rest.

Chippy_Tea - 7/3/2016 16:51

This could be BS but when it was announced Pep was coming i read that Yaya would be one of the first out of the door followed by DS as they do not play the Pep way (whatever that means)

Can't rule anything out but I saw them reports and they just made no sense to me. Pep plays a possession based game and arguably our best player at keeping possession is David.

"Can't rule anything out but I saw them reports and they just made no sense to me. Pep plays a possession based game and arguably our best player at keeping possession is David"

-------

If that is the case then DS has a future here, Yaya on the other hand can do one, he has had more than his fare share of chances and only plays when he can be bothered.

Maybe with all the injuries and us having no options with various combinations of Nasri,, Navas, Kevin out we've demanded too much of him and he's become jaded?

Anyway he's clearly not firing on all cylinders.

City legend coming to the end of his career due to constant ankle kicks. Always tries his best in my opinion, but hard when three/four players swarm when he has the ball. His only fault for me is not shooting enough when in a good position. Pep will never be the new City messiah, but he will shape the team how he wants it. Not sure if David stays or goes under Pep, but his legacy will be long remembered after Pep is moved on.