versus Olly's mates | Vital Football

versus Olly's mates

welch47

Vital Football Hero
GOOOAALLL! Hooper connects on a lovely pass from Lustig and it's 1-0 on 12 minutes. Keep it up, Bhoys!

welch47 - 2/10/2012 23:17

GOOOAALLL! Hooper connects on a lovely pass from Lustig and it's 1-0 on 12 minutes. Keep it up, Bhoys!

First so :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01
Then so :emoticon:58 :emoticon:58 :emoticon:58

If we'll move quickly we'll have a win chance i think
Btw why versua Olly ???

HOLY FUCK WE WON!!!!!!!!!!! AWAY FROM HOME :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04

This was a very impressive win. We certinaly fell asleep at the second goal, but aside from that looked every bit the part of a team that can play in the CL. Well Done, BHOYS!

:emoticon:10 :emoticon:10 :emoticon:10 :emoticon:10 :emoticon:10 :emoticon:10

OMG!!!!!!!! I almost can't believe we won! What a performance from our Bhoys tonight! They played well tonight! Bit of a mistake at the second goal but other than that we really looked the part tonight.

I think Lennon showed he does actually think about tactics because tonight I think we got them right. Hitting them on the break like we did seemed to cause them problems!

Glasgow will be buzzing tonight and I hope we carry this over in to the weekend game as well!

FANTASTIC DAY!!!!

:emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:07

It was truly amazing, Wee Od. The best part about is that we really were the better team on the day. It was a tight contest and both teams played well, but our chances were better and passing was very nice. Spartak is not joke. For Lenny's team to go to Moscow and play on that pitch in an away game and come off with a win is a real achievement. Well done, Bhoys. :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:43 :emoticon:43 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08

Spot on welch! It was a fabulous day for the club! We have waited for this for too long! The performance was spot on and the tactics worked a treat. We went into this group as 4th seeds and were considered to be last in the group.....now we are showing we are able to mix it with Spartak and Benfica and will push them all the way for that second spot!

Second place is not out of reach, I think a win and 2 draws could see us through!

You mean one more win and two draws. I agree 8 points could do it. That means we need to beat Spartak at home and draw with Benfica away and with Barnca at home. Not easy but it's possible.

No easy games welch! It's definitely possible, we have shown we are capable!

A big congratulations to Fraser Forster as well, he has been included in the England squad as cover for Joe Hart and John Ruddy (although based on form he might actually be No.2 ahead of Ruddy). Well deserved and glad to see him getting some recognition!
Gary Hooper should be next and there are a lot of calls to see him in that squad.....Defoe is playing too well to leave out, Rooney is a class player and won't be left out while Walcott has barely been playing for Arsenal and isn't a striker and Andy Carroll is just a big muppet!

It would be nice for Hooper, but frankly, he is too important to Cel5tic to see him go off and get injured or worn out in International play. Between the league and CL and cup games, he will be playing twice a week as it is.

As for our chances, we need to beat Spartak at home because I cannot see us pulling a second away win against Benfica and I don't fancy our chaces of takinhg points off Barcalona. I'm not a pessimist, I just think it's a tall order. Spartak will desperate for a win against us. Benfica will be tough on their own pitch. The Bhoys will really have to rise in both games.

The one thing I will say is that, the season Carroll got his big contract with Liverpool, he was second in scoring in the Championship toooo...Gary Hooper. So Liverpool got ripped off in more ways than they know.

Oh absolutely welch! The Spartak game will be the key game but if we play well, a draw in Benfica is certainly achievable! Getting anything from Barca will not be easy but they are missing a few of their key defensive players in Busquets and Puyol, if we can take advantage of that at home and defend well, we have a chance at least!

Also a big well done to our young Bhoys! Our U19s were playing in the Next-Gen Series last night at Firhill Park against PSV. 3 goals in the first 25 minutes had us flying! After 28 minutes they made a double substitution to try and sort it. It made a difference and they pulled a goal back but we continued to create chances. Second half was more even and they created more but we dealt well with it all and the game finished 3-1 to us! Patrik Twardzik, Callum McGregor and John Herron with our goals! Marcus Fraser played well at CB alongside young Findlay while Denny Johnstone seemed to get all over the place up front for us. Johnstone might not have scored but he was very involved in the game and seems to have been our best player last night.

welch47 - 4/10/2012 19:05

The one thing I will say is that, the season Carroll got his big contract with Liverpool, he was second in scoring in the Championship toooo...Gary Hooper. So Liverpool got ripped off in more ways than they know.

:emoticon:19 would be quite ironic if Liverpool sell Carroll this summer for a decent price and then try to sign Hooper instead! Haha! :emoticon:19

im glad hooper isnt in england as it also means hes less likely to leave yet and the injury situation. forster wont be playing often for england just benching so not too concerned there. commons should be in scotland team but glad he isnt for injury/fatigue issues.

Good point, Liam. I worry less about our players going to England because they will see less action. They will start with Scotland. Brown always seems to get hurt for the Scots.

Latest Celtic News