VAR | Page 2 | Vital Football

VAR

A journalist in the Observer this weekend was making the case for VAR because South Korea had two "homer" refs in the 2002 World Cup. Clutching and straws.

I think it's brilliant and has been needed for a long time.

If it "roots" out the cheating drivers it has great value.

Remember Henry's handball for France against the ROI? That wouldn't have stood.

I am sure its use in the top tournaments and leagues will mean that, in time, there is less cheating lower down the pyramid.
Remember Henry's handball for France against the ROI? That wouldn't have stood. agreed but I think it's the wrong solution, I'd rather the result was just overturned afterwards!

VARce has been brought in to stop the Man City machine from clearing up another treble .... they haven't got a clue what they are doing, just so inconsistent.

Perfectly good goals v West Ham and Spurs disallowed and a stonewall pen v Bournemouth not given #corrupt

VARce has been brought in to stop the Man City machine from clearing up another treble .... they haven't got a clue what they are doing, just so inconsistent.

Perfectly good goals v West Ham and Spurs disallowed and a stonewall pen v Bournemouth not given #corrupt

An interesting theory. Is it all a plot by the Scouse football mafia?

Remember Henry's handball for France against the ROI? That wouldn't have stood. agreed but I think it's the wrong solution, I'd rather the result was just overturned afterwards!

What? So everyone returns home having celebrated or commiserated and then FIFA award the match to Ireland?

I would rather the perpetrator gets dismissed for cheating there and then and the match continues to a conclusion on the night. You can punish on the night and also retrospectively.

An instant dismissal for simulation followed by a three match ban. It would be gone from the game in weeks.

I think it's brilliant and has been needed for a long time.

If it "roots" out the cheating drivers it has great value.

Remember Henry's handball for France against the ROI? That wouldn't have stood.

I am sure its use in the top tournaments and leagues will mean that, in time, there is less cheating lower down the pyramid.
Needs to work the other way, too.

Someone got booked for diving at the weekend, I forget who, was booked but replays showed there was contact.

What? So everyone returns home having celebrated or commiserated and then FIFA award the match to Ireland?

I would rather the perpetrator gets dismissed for cheating there and then and the match continues to a conclusion on the night. You can punish on the night and also retrospectively.

An instant dismissal for simulation followed by a three match ban. It would be gone from the game in weeks.
Yeah easy in that clear and obvious incident. That one is pretty objective, it’s the more subjective ones that are the issue