var armpit offside | Page 2 | Vital Football

var armpit offside

No way did the Liverpool payer have his arm in anything like a natural position. The City player's was imo. Thank you Robbie.

I've been against these stupid penalty decisions/ "handbaĺls". Then we get a real one and it's not given.

If you read back what I wrote then I did say "questionable natural position". From watching Sky and Match of the Day highlights this season, what is defined as "natural" seems to be highly subjective. The fact his arm was in an "unnatural" position prior to the ball being deflected towards him would mean his arm wasn't in a completely unnatural position which *might* be the reason the VAR team didn't judge against him.

Whether or not the referee did get the decision right as to the interpretation of the laws then I have no idea. As prior stated, half the time the penalty is given and half the time it isn't.

Don’t think a penalty can be given when a ball is deflected onto the arm at close range. It hit Bernado’s arm first, then onto Alexander-Arnold. Ref saw it and said no penalty straight away.
Can’t believe how much of a focus there’s been on that single incident, deflecting from the fact that Liverpool were miles better than City overall.

Don’t think a penalty can be given when a ball is deflected onto the arm at close range. It hit Bernado’s arm first, then onto Alexander-Arnold. Ref saw it and said no penalty straight away.
Can’t believe how much of a focus there’s been on that single incident, deflecting from the fact that Liverpool were miles better than City overall.
Are you having a laugh?

In future, all matches covered by VAR will require players to behave like Irish folk dancers with their arms firmly by their sides at all times.

Unnatural position my fucking arse.

mind u I do agree with 58, would be lovely to see liverpool fcuk it up. Anyway why are they in the English premier league, when they class themselves as scouse and not English .

Looks like we’ve been told to ignore Bernardo Silva’s initial handball now?
It was his hand to Trent’s arm.
Still don’t think it was a penalty and I hate Liverpool!
Think they will probably win the title but it’s not over yet and they may choke if they get a few injuries to key players .

Looks like we’ve been told to ignore Bernardo Silva’s initial handball now?
It was his hand to Trent’s arm.
Still don’t think it was a penalty and I hate Liverpool!
Think they will probably win the title but it’s not over yet and they may choke if they get a few injuries to key players .
They've had injuries to key players - Alisson, Salah and Origi for starters