v. the Accies | Page 2 | Vital Football

v. the Accies

Garcia left Watford because despite being in charge for 3 games, he was only actually at 1 of those games because he was taken to hospital. Not a well man at the moment.
Coyle I'm just not convinced by, he's not done enough for me yet. I know you can make the argument that Lennon and Deila hadn't really done much before taking over but if you're going to go for an older manager like Coyle, he's got to have a decent record.
Steve Clarke I like, very good coach and was wrongly dismissed at WBA.
King Kenny won't do it again, just don't see it happening anymore.
Bilic is at Besiktas.....absolutely no danger of him leaving that for us!

Coyle did well in Scotland with St Johnstone for just over 2 years, then moved down to Burnley where he spent just over 2 years and managed to get them promoted to the EPL before failing miserably in the EPL. He then spent about 2.5 years at Bolton, getting them relegated from the EPL and not managing to do anything about getting them back up in the following season before a disastrous 6 month spell at Wigan in the Championship.

Overall he has a win % of 38.7%, 22.3% draws and 38.1% loss record.

Clarke has a worse record but has also only managed in the EPL and only for 18 months. However, he has worked alongside some VERY good managers and has assisted at Newcastle, West Ham, Liverpool and Chelsea.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-sutton-ronny-deilas-comments-4393591

Really good article from Chris Sutton! It's pretty spot on! I'd actually really like to have seen him come in to our coaching staff, even when Lennon was there. Even more so now, maybe he can knock some sense into Deila and Collins.

He is spot on. Her actually identified some tactical issues that I had missed, in re Wakaso. I do think we will improve with Lustig and Matthews. not to mention McGregor and Forrest. Still, there have been too many changes.

The baffling this is, :emoticon:64 has rotated damn-near everyone save one player. Stefan Fekkin' Johansen! The worst player on the team never sits. Must be he is good about eating rice cakes and seaweed.

By the way, Sutton's point about Brown's comments is something I forgot to mention. Brown said that "the manager is slowly getting there," and the continued to lambaste the players. He had a chance to support :emoticon:64 and took a pass. That says a lot. I'd be caling Coyle or Clarke or even MON now.

My brother works with the mother of one of the girls Leigh Griffiths has a child with......apparently Griffiths is not enjoying the new diet and he's probably not the only player. It's just a bit too restrictive! I'm sure there is a way of them eating at least a few things like pasta without having to worry much about their weight.
Apparently Griffiths also suggested that Broony was not impressed by the no alcohol rule, his reaction was apparently along the lines of "If I want a pint, I'm having a goddamn pint!".

As I said to my brother, Broony is one of those that doesn't need to worry about his diet. There can't be much room for improvement physically for Broony. Technically a player can always improve, but Broony is already one of the fittest players in the country so has no need to improve that side of his game.

There are some players who need to improve the physical side of things, Commons could do with still losing a bit more weight. Stokes has already lost weight and he has noticed a difference which is a good thing.

Instead of focussing everyone on eating certain things, why not just focus on those who need it most. It's like some others have been saying, like Sutton, even players like Henrik Larsson had chips now and again, hell I read that Larsson even used to have the odd cigarette and he loved a packet of crisps! So not EVERY player needs the strict diet treatment.

However, many of our players do need to improve other aspects of their game!

How about focusing on his fucking job, which is matching tactics to the talent he has. Jesus, Jose Mourinho won everything with Inter a few years ago by by playing this crazy 4-1-2-3 that ceded 60% possession and then entire middle of the part every game. But he had (at the time) the best keeper in the work in Cesar and awesome defender. The fact that they got fewer chances didn't matter because Schnieder, Milito and Eto'o finished most of them. He suited the play to his players to emphasize the strengths (great finishers and great defense in the box) and hid the weakness in midfield. Deila is a younger, greener more anal version of Mogga.

I have a feeling Dermot will try to bring Keane and Keane to save the season if all appears like this by late November. Roy signaled he would be interested. He knows Deila is out of his depth. I never liked Keane-O as a manager, but I think he'd be better than what we have. I like the idea of Robbie returning. He's a real patriot for the Hoops. This is all my uninformed fearless forecast.

Keane said he would in the future, I certainly don't see it happening this season anymore. He didn't like some of the restrictions that were being placed on him, I can't see those changing if Deila was to be replaced.

As for Robbie, I can't see him joining us, unless he wants a loan spell in January when the MLS season finishes.....

The MLS season finishes pretty soon and I could see Robbie coming on on a loan deal or more. Roy would come in if his demands are met, and Dermot will do something like that if looks like we're in danger of losing the league.

MLS season finishes soon but we can't sign him until January.........

Dermot might push the boat out but will the rest of the club?

Latest Celtic News