v St Johnstone | Vital Football

v St Johnstone

Ledley, Kayal and Forrest still unavailable.

Be interesting to see what team Lenny starts with now that Pukki, Biton and Derk are all fit and available.

I'd like to see him rest Broonie as he's played a helluva lot of games for club and country since the start of the season (and prior to the start). He's still got that long term injury worry and it would be great to have him fully rested for the CL games.

The Brown and Mulgrew midfield partnership has been excellent for both club and country recently but whether that combo would work to our advantage domestically is another question.

Time to see what Biton has to offer because Kayal has become a bit part player ( even when not injured, which isn't very often ) and Ledley' s form has been woeful thus far ( and I'm honestly not his biggest fan at the best of times ). Rogic still has everything to prove and will have now have slipped even further down the pecking order with the signing of Biton.

Pukki is due a start and St Johnstone at home is as good a time as any. Plus, he needs time to get used to his team mates and our style of play. Finding space and timing his runs against packed defences is another thing he'll need time to adjust to.

I think we have to look at the fact that Lennon went with the strongest team possible from everyone we had last season with the exception of bringing in VVD at CB but given his performances that is understandable, he's looked really good!

He could have used Derk or even Pukki from the start but he opted not too because I don't think he feels they are well enough bedded into the team, certainly Pukki and Biton aren't as they have had no time with their team-mates but Derk has been here a bit longer and still doesn't seem quite up to speed yet. He had a great debut before getting injured so let's see what he can do.

The only and best way to get them ready for playing in the CL is to first play them in the SPFL. I could see all 3 starting against St Johnstone but knowing Lennon, he won't want to rest many players who are playing well.

Matthews is playing well but has taken a few knocks and I thought was looking very tired before going off midweek. Lustig is similar, he had that nasty knock a few weeks ago and has played a fair bit of football.

I agree about Mulgrew and Brown having played a lot of football but I don't think either will be rested. I think Mulgrew may move to CB though and Brown will be paired with Biton.

I'd like to see:

Forster
Ambrose - VVD - Mulgrew
McGeouch - Brown - Biton - Derk
Rogic
Pukki - Balde/Stokes

I'd like to see more of Balde but I can understand if we don't start him. I think he could link up well with Rogic while Pukki's pace and ability to be in the right place and get in behind looks promising.

I think B rown may be rested. I agree with Tic that, given his workload and hip history, he might get a break. At this point, We all have to say that Broon has come through for us incredibly and has cemented himself as an all-time great Celt. He's now my favorite player on this team and favorite Celtic since Hartson and Naka.

On a lighter note, I give you bhoys this lovely piece of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUZuVZWHkk

Why? Because I'm pished. Been out and doing some quality drinking. :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:08 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57 :emoticon:57

Looks like none of us were watching the game yesterday, or if we were nobody commented about it.

I haven't heard or read much other than it was a game we dominated but because we gave them a goal after going 2 up, it made it closer than possession etc would suggest it should be.

2 goals in 2 appearances for Pukki and it only took him 11 minutes yesterday.....looking promising however I haven't seen the goal so that might tell a slightly different story. It might have been a ridiculously simple goal that he was gifted or something.

Mulgrew with the second goal.

Looks like none of us were watching the game yesterday, or if we were nobody commented about it.

I haven't heard or read much other than it was a game we dominated but because we gave them a goal after going 2 up, it made it closer than possession etc would suggest it should be.

2 goals in 2 appearances for Pukki and it only took him 11 minutes yesterday.....looking promising however I haven't seen the goal so that might tell a slightly different story. It might have been a ridiculously simple goal that he was gifted or something.

Mulgrew with the second goal.

We need players who can score the ridiculously simple goals. That's really what Hooper did. Stokes creates as many goals for others as he scores for himself. So an effective box poacher is what the doc ordered. Pukki looks good so far.

I missed the game. But looks good. After that and a pretty good showing against Milan, things are looking all right.

Missed it too.

In better news, I also missed the Morton debacle. Every cloud, and all that... :emoticon:17

Pukki will score goals for us as will Stokes, and as Welch rightly mentions, Stokes will also create his fair share for others.

However, the lack of a poacher is going to costs us at various times during the season. Most notably in the CL, imo.

Can Pukki be the poacher? It's possible. Balde could but he is too young to feature just yet.

This month's absolute tit award goes to Tony Watt for stripping his top off after scoring a goal, a move he later said was done to convince everyone that he is not fat and is in terrific physical condition. Um, Tony, the fat everyone was referring to is between your ears. :emoticon:13 :emoticon:34 :emoticon:02

I've been on holiday in Blackpool all week.......can someone please explain to me exactly what in the flying fuck happened against Morton?
I read that they sat with basically everyone behind the ball and got a somewhat fortuitous penalty and we basically couldn't put the ball in the back of the net, that sound about right?

Latest Celtic News