v helsingborgs | Vital Football

v helsingborgs

afcbliamk

Vital Reserves Team
as the predictor champion i feel obliged to make you gamblers rich, we will lose 2-1 tonight and then win 3-0 at home. we have done great business selling ki for a 4m profit but i suppose thats irrelevant to this game.

we need to score away from home or things could be tricky i think so id like to see us go with a 4-4-2.

forster

matthews rogne mulgrew izzy

forrest ledley brown commons

hooper sammy/stokes

thats what id like to see but if not we could go sammy left and commons behind hooper.

Stokes will not play any part in the game tonight from what I've read.

I think Lennon will go with more of a 4-3-3 formation again. I'd rather play a straight 4-4-2 but it comes down to where you play Sammy really. I'd rather he was a bit more up front than on the wing, simply because I think we might need his physical presence.

Midfield is tricky, it depends on the injuries. If Forrest and Brown are OK, do they both start and Kayal will probably drop to the bench?

Lennon might be more tempted to use Commons as the second striker/sighting in behind Hooper and leave Samaras on the wing, Forrest on the right and Brown and Ledley in the middle.

The back 4 basically picks itself. Matthews, Rogne, Mulgrew, Izzy.

Personally I want to see

Forster
Matthews - Rogne - Mulgrew - Izzy
Forrest - Brown - Ledley - Commons
Hooper - Samaras

Ki all set to join Swansea it seems. Good business but I will personally be sad to see a talented player like Ki leave. I think he could have and probably will end up at an even bigger EPL club (not wanting to be nasty to Swansea of course, I like them but they are not a big club) than Swansea but Swansea's football should suit his play.

Lennon doesn't think he will see much, if any of the money from the sale though.....that sounds a bit shit and ridiculous! Even a few million could strengthen the team sufficiently.....if your amazing like me and know where to look!

Fuck me! Wans a Crystal Ball Merchant and the other one is a fekkin Baden Powell among Scouts. :emoticon:15 :emoticon:15 :emoticon:15
We will win 2-0 tonight and skelp them 5 -6 1 at home. For we are ra Bhoys.
MONA TIC :emoticon:25 :emoticon:25 :emoticon:25 :emoticon:25 :emoticon:17 :emoticon:17 :emoticon:17 :emoticon:38 :emoticon:38 :emoticon:38 :emoticon:78 :emoticon:09

Celtic team: Forster; Matthews, Rogne, Mulgrew, Izaguirre; Commons, Brown, Kayal, Ledley, Samaras; Hooper

Celtic bench: Zaluska, Wilson, Lustig, Chalmers, McCourt, Forrest, Watt

Aw Tic, you beat me to it tonight! haha!

I think that will work out as more of a 4-3-3. Forrest is probably better coming off the bench for us, could be a good way to stretch them when they are tired later in the game.

3 defenders on the bench, does that say a lot about what we are hoping to come away with tonight?

Just call me speedy :emoticon:17

Not sure it'll be a 4-3-3. I think Lenny will want to keep the midfield fairly tight and compact, so maybe closer to a 4-4-1-1, with Commons playing off Hooper.

Away goals will be crucial so I'd happily settle for one or two of those.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04

Wonderful ball played in by Sammy and a smashing volley from Commons into the pokey!

COMMONS!!!! YA BEAUTY!!!

What a start, have we EVER had that good a start in any match never mind a European game?

Just need to keep calm and try and get control of the ball and keep passing it about.

Not so good now though. Need to stop fouling, start marking men better and stop taking risks with the ball!!

They are really coming at us now and this will be a big test for us. We are really missing Forrest on the wing, someone to just pick the ball up and run with it, take men on. Samaras is being marked too tightly and by too many players to be able to it.

Our extra man in midfield is seemingly chasing shadows and they constantly seem to have a man free, so something isn't right!

Forster booked for timewasting.....be serious referee!!!

Glad to get in at half time without conceding! We've been riding our luck a little! On another night, Matthews' challenge on Mahlunga would have been a penalty and possibly a red card. Forster has been in fantastic form so far, this is the stage on which he really needs to prove himself to the doubting masses in England! The midfield is where I think we are not doing well enough. Brown, Kayal and Ledley are not closing men down well enough and that is causing our defence to be out of position or getting pulled about more than they should and so gaps are appearing. Our defence have given the ball away too easily at times but its difficult when they are under so much pressure from Helsingborgs. I would be surprised if Helsingborgs don't tire around the 60 minute mark because there is no doubt they are having to do a lot of running tonight!

The downside of Ledley's game is his lack of pace, so quickly closing down opponents becomes a problem for him/us.

Kayal off and Forrest on.

Ref needs to get a grip because that mob are just kicking our players all the time now.

That was a magnificent European away performance from Celtic. Well done Lenny and the bhoys.

We had a shaky spell during the middle part of the game, but that was down to our own slackness in tracking the runs of the midfielder's and strikers. Luckily, Fraser Forster was in excellent form and blocked everything without having to make a spectacular save at any point.

I was just about to mention how poor Gary Hooper had been when he went off on a run that led to the corner kick which Sammy scored from.

This was far from being a vintage performance but it was a wonderful and well earned result.

We could have scored 5 on a night when we weren't even close to our best. All credit to the players for that. :emoticon:01

Missed the game, but what a performance! Two away goals and the tie looks to be ours. Well done the Bhoys! :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:43 :emoticon:43

Latest Celtic News