v Elfsborg . | Page 3 | Vital Football

v Elfsborg .

Not heard anything credible with regards to Efe but it would be an upheaval losing both .... we have the finance to replace them but bedding in a reliable & successful CB partnership at short notice is a big ask .

Yes, getting two CBs working together and with the keeper is the most important relationship on the pitch and takes time. Losing Wilson would be bad enough.

WB's suggestion of moving Lusty in to CB is a good one. We can, and have, started with him there. In a needs-must situation he would also compliment Muldini and give proper right/left balance to the central pairing.

My caveat to that is that Lusty is still inexperienced as a CB. He has a tendency to get caught under the high ball and loses his man too often for my liking. As wee_od says, let him learn the position in the domestic games.

Wilson will be sold, although it will be strictly on Celtic's terms and I expect Lenny to use him until that happens.

Not sure about team and formation for this game.

Lenny will probably use Forrest for his pace, but Jamesy's decision making when in possession and in good space still leaves a lot to be desired. He needs to start taking more responsibility and be more direct when the chance presents itself.

Muldini in midfield rarely works. I was one of those who thought he could be abig asset to us if played in the wide left role - he can swing excellent balls into the box from deep left positions but we rarely play a system that suits that and, more importantly, we don't have a proper target man to take advantage of it.

Commons has excellent delivery from set-pieces so Muldin's left peg is not as crucial to us as it once was. I'm with wee_od on Muldini's best position being at CB. Would happily start him there tomorrow if required.

I'd sell Ambrose if we get a good enough offer. He's very good when he keeps it simple - and he rarely keeps it simple!

Don't expect any major changes and wouldn't be surprised to see Boerritger on the subs bench.

Haven't heard anything recently about Ambrose but I remember there was interest in January while he was away winning the ACoN with Nigeria. Wouldn't surprise me, the EPL clubs will love such a versatile player, he's strong, quick and he's got skill.....Man City were looking at him in the January before we bought him.

You're both spot on though, if we were to lose Ambrose and Wilson this window......it would make losing Rogne a big blow as well. We'd have to replace them but trying to get a settled back 4 would then be our challenge. Muldini wouldn't definitely need to be used at CB instead of midfield. Lustig could be used at CB in the SPL but I'm not sure he's alert enough for playing CB in Europe.

Not sure who we would buy to replace them, I know of one target before VVD but other than that I'm at a loss.

As for Bangura......I feel sorry for the guy. He's not done anything to deserve the abuse he's getting. Apparently the abuse he got from the AIK fans was even worse than what we gave him last week....wouldn't surprise me if he had a nervous breakdown!

Bangura ..... have little sympathy and his apparent lack of mental strenth only contributes to the assertion that he is indeed a Fud ........ Boerrigter ....... not on the plane as far as I'm aware .... Forrest ... he needs to be clever tomorrow as it's almost guaranteed to be rough & tumble out there ,, if they want to fight we can handle ourselves and equally if they want to play football ? then we're their huckleberry ........ just bring it on because I'm climbing the walls already :emoticon:15

Well having said that, I just watched an interview with him on Sky Sports and he seems to be fine.....maybe it was the way I was reading about the abuse from AIK. I don't think he's confident of returning to Celtic though. I just don't think any player really deserves the sort of treatment he has received......we can suggest that he is not good enough etc all we want but for two sets of fans to abuse him in such a way is rather unjustified.
He's barely played for us!

Anyway......it seems certain to be a tough tackling encounter, thats fine for us as we have players who can handle themselves, or equally take advantage of them being too gung-ho. We'll take free-kicks against them all day long with Commons, Mulgrew, Stokes and even Forrest capable of hitting them!

No Derk and no Rogic but some reports suggest VVD could make the bench tonight as he returns from injury.

Reports suggest that Wilson will play his last game for us tonight before sealing a £2.5m move back to Forrest. I'm quite confident Wilson will do his best for us tonight though, I don't think he's unhappy and I think he'd like to leave on good terms, it won't be much better terms than helping us through to the next round of CL qualifiers!

Unfortunately it's my 1 year anniversary with my gf so I will not be watching the game tonight, I will record it to watch tomorrow though!

My team tonight:

Forster
Lustig - Wilson - Mulgrew - Izzy
Forrest - Brown - Ledley - Commons
Stokes - Samaras

Subs: Zaluska, Matthews, Moyoukolo, Ambrose, Balde, Kayal, Watt - McGeouch could replace Moyoukolo on the bench to give a bit more attacking threat from the bench.

Bangura was placed in a difficult situation returning to play against us but his pathetic antics at CP ( going down and acting like he'd just been shot ) is unforgivable and as such effectively terminates his time at Celtic ,, his problems at AIK on saturday whilst rather ott are merely a welcome distraction as far as were concerned ,, Wilson will be off at Plumpton and the language being used is indicative of that " if selected he will give his best " his teas oot ..... on the game itself I note NL has stated he feels we may need to score to go through and I think we will use our pace in counter attack to get that vital away goal and heep more pressure on them ,, if we score first I reckon we'll go through comfortably enough .......... cant argue with your team selection Wee-Odd and hope your night goes well with a positive Celtic result to boot ....... :emoticon:14 :emoticon:31 :emoticon:95 :emoticon:91

With Wilson on his way out, I think the selection is:

Lustig----Ambrose----Muldini---Izzy
Forrest---------Brown----Ledley-----Commons
-------------Stokes-----------Sammy--------

Pretty simple. Wilson will be on the bench. Wee Od will be on the crapper. Tic will be on the bar stool, WB on the cheek and Welch on the desk at work, but watching the white and green.

Haven't got a scooby what on the cheek means tbh but I'm climbing the walls waiting for kick off ,, no appetite ,, staring at the cargo trying desperately not to succumb too early and trying to gleen any info on our starting line up ........ decided to pick my daughter up from work in Lanark to pacify my nerves ...... and I've made the executive decision to bet KC first goal and Celtic 2 - 0 while I'm out ....... C'MON CLOCK ....... :emoticon:91 :emoticon:91 :emoticon:91

Thanks WB! :emoticon:14 :emoticon:62

She will at least let me keep up to speed with the game, just won't get to actually watch it! Maybe I'll work from home again tomorrow....... :emoticon:69

CELTIC (4-4-1-1) Forster; Lustig, Ambrose, Wilson, Izaguirre; Forrest, Brown, Ledley, Mulgrew; Commons; Samaras
Subs: Zaluska, Matthews, Stokes, Balde, Mouyokolo, Watt, Kayal

I hope that doesn't backfire.....seems a bit of a slap in the face to Stokes as well.......scores 2 goal at the weekend and then dropped as soon as we play in Europe......

Solid enough Celtic side which looks to be set up to hit quickly on the counter attack.

I knew Lenny would play Wilson, just hope the guys head is in the right place and that he gives 100%.

Wilson will be fine & we are as well using him for a bit of stability at the back even if it is his last appearance ..... happy with the starting line up & the bench also looks decent given that three didn't travel ........Mon The Hoops

Cheekybastardscelticsupportersclub ....... :emoticon:18 :emoticon:17 :emoticon:14 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:30 :emoticon:35

Not as many Hoops in the stands as I thought there would be :emoticon:81 but ......... the Bhoys fae the Port are there ..... :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04

wishaw bhoy - 7/8/2013 18:49

Not as many Hoops in the stands as I thought there would be :emoticon:81 but ......... the Bhoys fae the Port are there ..... :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:04

As always \o/ :emoticon:17

Latest Celtic News