v Cliftonville . | Page 2 | Vital Football

v Cliftonville .

The Bangura situation is a quandry ,, it's rather strange that NL has stated that he'll personally talk to the player and actively discourage him from lining up against us whilst we have Elfsborg officially releasing a statement asserting that he is eligable to play and will ..... reading between the lines it would seem that nothing has been written into the loan agreement to avert such a scenario which if true gives the Swedish side every right to field him and us with egg on our faces .... I'd imagine that the finer details are down to the respective clubs to have negotiated ,, formalised and processed and if there's nothing stipulated in the relative paperwork then he would be duty bound to comply with the wishes of his current club ,, this is all in my opinion of course ...... but if we've not nailed it then we need to lie in the bed we've made for ourselves and limit the damage rather than crying wolf ........ we didn't rate the player hence the reason he's out on loan in the first place and as much as these things can come back to bite you in football I'd suggest we just get on with it ....... on the tie itself ..... I think we're a far better team than at this time last year and should benefit greatly from the experience gained in that campaign whilst our opponents have seen a dip in form of late with their last six games reading P6 .... W1....D2....L3 ....... they're no mugs but neither are we and when you factor in the advantage of playing our home tie first and being ably assisted with what is sure to be a very healthy and vocal backing from the faithful ...we'll do alright .

PS ... I've just changed my browser from IE to Firefox and now find that I cant log out of here ..... any advice would be appreciated :emoticon:35

Sorry Welch only just noticed your post ...... thanks for the welcome and I'll fire you a PM later in the day as it's way past bedtime now ....... :emoticon:14

Not sure why you can't log out WB, that has me stumped. Personally I now prefer using Google Chrome and I basically just leave myself signed in all the time anyway! lol.

It is very strange that this situation wasn't covered in the loan agreement!

Celtic line up today v Brentford 15:00 .

Zaluska , Fisher , Ambrose , Mouyokolo , Miller , McGregor , Rogic , Irvine , McGeouch , Balde , Watt .

Subs : Fasan , Herron , Atajic , Henderson , Waters .

Swedish League Standings . ( top 8 )

Malmo ............... P16 W9 D5 L2 F31 A18 PT 32
Helsingborg .........15 9 4 2 34 11 31
AIK .....................16 8 5 3 26 16 29
IFK Goteborg ......16 8 5 3 23 14 29
Elfsborg ...............16 7 6 3 29 15 27
Kalmar .................16 7 6 3 19 12 27
Atvidaberg ............16 8 2 6 21 17 26
Mjallby ..................16 7 3 6 28 23 24

very compeditive league and no clear favourites at this stage .

HT 1-1 bit of conflicting reports on our goalscorer but the good news is that it's one of our new bhoys....... CTV say Amido Balde and SKY say Steven Mouyokolo ............ oh & the other WB has just competed a 5 minute hat trick for the Accies v East Fife .

FT ..... Celtic win 2-1 with the decicive goal coming from young Callum McGregor :emoticon:14 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01

Other WB? You mean James Keatings? I thought he was away in Australia on trial?

Good win by a young squad yesterday. Seems we played rather well and McGregor's goal was apparently a bit of a peach. Surprised he's not been involved in the first team before now to be honest. Seems to be a very consistent performer.

Great game for the younger players to get a chance and show they are capable of playing in our first team if required. I just hope it's not the last time we see them this season!

It is a good win since few of this season assumed regulars were involved. Only Balde, Ambrose, Watt and Rogic played. The rest were youth players.

Also great to have Balde scoring early in his Celtic career. Fordwards are always in a big shit hurry to get their first goal. Now the pressure is off him and he can just play.

NL was full of praise for big Balde and reckoned he put in a good shift which is also a major contributing factor to building the big chaps confidence ,, my own opinion is that it'll take at least a couple of months before he can adjust and acquaint himself into his new surroundings both on and off the park but getting that monkey off his back has to be a stride in the right direction ,, the manager was also full of praise for the makeshift sides performance as well as the carnival atmosphere exuded from the terraces ,, as were the local johndammes and Brentford Football Club in relation to the vast travelling support ...... not so some of the laptop loyal who rather predictably asserted that it was in fact bloody mayhem ......... not worthy of any real comment other than to say that more people were lifted at Muirfield during the golf yesterday than Griffin Park :emoticon:17 :emoticon:17 :emoticon:17

Great stuff WB, hope James does well at Accies, he's a goalscorer and just needs some confidence back, I think he can work his way back to the SPFL in a couple of seasons!

Certainly seemed to be a good job by the young lads and I agree about Balde, it's good that he got his goal and hopefully he will adapt quickly and go on to bang in some more goals. I do still think it's going to take possibly even up to 6 months for him to really settle properly but the quicker he gets some more goals, the better for him!

Rogic seemed to have an impressive game as well and I really liked hearing Lennon talk about how behind the strikers seems to be his best position and hopefully we'll see more of him in that position. That's good to hear because I would hate Lennon to try and use him out of position too much. Play him to his strengths!

I am a bit worried that we have lost Victor and will probably loose Hooper and I'm not seeing similar quality come in. Maybe Balde is the guy and maybe Stokes steps up. Maybe Kayal steps up but I think even a cracking Kayal is half of Victor. I get that we can't keep players who are tempted by so much cash, but with CL money and Victor proceeds 'ole Lawwell and Desmond must be swimming in cash. :emoticon:91 :emoticon:91

Cant recall us being in better shape financially and while we've done well in the transfer of Ki ,, Wanyama ,, the possible sale of Hooper and an overall reduction on the wage bill the principal source of income has been down to CL involvement and it's crucial for our progress that we reach the league stages again ..... we will need to replace Wanyama and Hooper if he departs with quality ,, I don't see any excuse or hiding place if they don't ........ The PLC has introduced a raft of changes for the forthcoming season such as SB price reduction ( £100 ) re-introduction of kids SB ( £50 ) overseas SB ( £250 ) six games per season and the remainder given to the underprivileged ,, Kerrydale Bar ( 800 capacity before & after games ) ,, a new family section etc ....... fair play to them but the common denominator here is that all new changes will in fact increase revenue almost instantly ..... the SB sales to my knowledge are this far up in excess of 7K on last year with a fortnight still to go ....... We also have plans for the triangle & avenue which will transform the parks appearance and significantly enhance it's facilitys in providing a Celtic museum ,, a new ticket office and superstore amongst other improvements ....... the reason I mention this is merely to point out that it's in everyone's best interests to ensure that we field the best we can on the park to achieve the best we can off it :emoticon:69

Didn't the club rake in £30 million in the CL? They could blow all of Victor's money on one forward and one player for elsewhere on the park and the club would be financially sounds for years to come. We can't count on getting past the group stage every year. Chelsea didn't make it last year, FFS. But we should be able to make a good showing and rake in enough money to show a return on the investment.

Only suggesting it's imperative we make it to the league stage Welch mate ...... anything else would be a bonus ....... just on the side I think the Juve tie generated £7M ....... guaranteed £24 M for the league stages this year should we make it :emoticon:35

The development work around the Celtic Triangle has to be paid for, although the prices in the Kerrydale Bar should certainly help fill the coffers :emoticon:10

Would prefer to see us continue being cautious with our money.

Any idea of the time frame for the Triangle Tic ? I know that permission has been granted for the raising of the school to make way for it but given that the park will be used for the opening and closing of the CW games and the new season imminent it's hard to envisage it being in place for then .

Latest Celtic News