v Burnley | Page 4 | Vital Football

v Burnley

You have a point there PK but as you said earlier apart from the top 6 or 7 teams there is not a lot between them.

True enough Mc, thought last season was bad, but got even worse this year, best league in the world my arse. I struggle to give us any credit at the moment, I see every point as another nail in the coffin for us as a club, it just increases the chances of the parasite staying another decade for more of this ambitionless football. Anything that puts a smile on that scumbags face puts a frown on mine.

There is absolutely no argument that It's all down to Rafa PK.

He's cobbled together a rag tag bunch on behalf of Ashley and has them playing in a system that equally poorer teams find very difficult to break down.

He's the difference,if he was managing any of the other dross who would bet against them having more points on the board or surviving the drop ?

He's the one who should get the credit and most importantly he's the one putting the smile on Ashley's face.

Very few seem to be frowning at him though.

I've said for a while he needs to walk to keep his respect, how many times will he allow Ashley to lie and walk all over him, but he's prepared to put up with it for money, I'm losing respect day by day and the argument that he's staying on because he likes the club/city and foresees a sale and a future, frankly is wearing thin. Ashley will lie year in year out about finances and wanting to sell if he's found a manager in Rafa to keep him in this league. I really hope he tells him where to shove his job in the summer, it's the only way we'll ever get rid of the parasite.

There is absolutely no argument that It's all down to Rafa PK.

He's cobbled together a rag tag bunch on behalf of Ashley and has them playing in a system that equally poorer teams find very difficult to break down.

He's the difference,if he was managing any of the other dross who would bet against them having more points on the board or surviving the drop ?

He's the one who should get the credit and most importantly he's the one putting the smile on Ashley's face.

Very few seem to be frowning at him though.

I am coming to your point of view.

As long as the team performs at a level, just enough to avoid relegation, Fatty benefits, from not having to invest, and gambles again.

Those in the ground seem blinkered to not seeing it happen, and in the manager, he someone to mould a bunch of players into a team that will do a job.

Heavens knows what he could do with the right tools, as for me the PL is dog shite.

Repeat in 2019 2020 2021.

Any boycott organised wont happen, as after 3 wins, the future is rosy, and all of the shit before is too easily forgot about.

The fans at that stage make fools of themselves, and Ashley can walk all over them again...

The irony is they hounded Pardew out for doing EXACTLY what Benitez is doing now - and getting hero worshiped for doing it

I've said for a while he needs to walk to keep his respect, how many times will he allow Ashley to lie and walk all over him, but he's prepared to put up with it for money, I'm losing respect day by day and the argument that he's staying on because he likes the club/city and foresees a sale and a future, frankly is wearing thin. Ashley will lie year in year out about finances and wanting to sell if he's found a manager in Rafa to keep him in this league. I really hope he tells him where to shove his job in the summer, it's the only way we'll ever get rid of the parasite.

Don't know if you watched his after match interview PK but it looks like it's his last season.
He was extremely evasive when asked direct questions about the immediate future and came across as very pissed off to me.

Can't remember if it was Carragher or Ginola who said he won't be happy because he sees himself as one of the best and is desperate to compete against the top clubs.

Fair enough mind,it's his holier than thou fake love for our club that
gets me.
He's made a mint doing Ashley's dirty work whilst enjoying the messiah like adoration of our fans.

The irony is they hounded Pardew out for doing EXACTLY what Benitez is doing now - and getting hero worshiped for doing it

Could not agree more,only I reckon he's done far worse than Pardew.

Keeping us up on a shoestring budget has only benefited two people.

My frustration is less with Rafa though and more about the fans who are to blinded by his past achievements to see the utter hypocrisy of the current setup when compared with the Pardew era.

It's always easy to make 2+2 equal what you want, the statisticians will say there is a greater than 95% probability that the answer lies between 3.95 and 4.05, engineers will get the slide rule out, accountants will ask what you want the answer to be.

Rafa will have seen McClaren get bucket loads to spend and with his own track record will have had the confidence in his own abilities to take on one of the toughest challenges in football. Ashley has reverted to type, perhaps a hint of megalomania meaning that he has been able to put a world class manager in his place.

As far as I am aware, Rafa has never broken a contract, for better or worse. Maybe he has a principle, maybe he wants the pay off, who knows. If he has a principle, he should not be derided for it.

For my money, he has done a fantastic job against the odds. If he does go, it is understandable and he goes with my thanks for trying and exposing the regime. If he stays, I hope it is because he has watertight and legally binding guarantees.

Fatty must have a grin as wide as the Tyne after last night's result,it'll be interesting to see how it affects the boycott v Wolves.
Hopefully the conundrum should settle itself come the end of January when the controller keeps his hands in his pocket & the Spaniard tells him he's walking.
For what it's worth Diame was the best player on the pitch for me & I thought we looked solid at the back,up top we looked shit.That 2 of our 3 centre backs got us the goals tells us all we need to know against awful opposition.
Man of the match was Ginola in the studio & his comments on how football should be played,brilliant.

It was unfortunate that the match assessor Eddie Wolstenholme collapsed in the tunnel just before the teams were to go on the pitch and with the half hour delay, Sky had the good fortune to have Ginola as a pundit for the game. He was a breath of fresh air to the turgid, 'matter of fact' pundits who normally grace the screen on match days.

It's always easy to make 2+2 equal what you want, the statisticians will say there is a greater than 95% probability that the answer lies between 3.95 and 4.05, engineers will get the slide rule out, accountants will ask what you want the answer to be.

Rafa will have seen McClaren get bucket loads to spend and with his own track record will have had the confidence in his own abilities to take on one of the toughest challenges in football. Ashley has reverted to type, perhaps a hint of megalomania meaning that he has been able to put a world class manager in his place.

As far as I am aware, Rafa has never broken a contract, for better or worse. Maybe he has a principle, maybe he wants the pay off, who knows. If he has a principle, he should not be derided for it.

For my money, he has done a fantastic job against the odds. If he does go, it is understandable and he goes with my thanks for trying and exposing the regime. If he stays, I hope it is because he has watertight and legally binding guarantees.

No disrespect meant Rex but what a load of tosh.
Where is the dislike button toony:hmmm:

Fatty must have a grin as wide as the Tyne after last night's result,it'll be interesting to see how it affects the boycott v Wolves.
Hopefully the conundrum should settle itself come the end of January when the controller keeps his hands in his pocket & the Spaniard tells him he's walking.
For what it's worth Diame was the best player on the pitch for me & I thought we looked solid at the back,up top we looked shit.That 2 of our 3 centre backs got us the goals tells us all we need to know against awful opposition.
Man of the match was Ginola in the studio & his comments on how football should be played,brilliant.
:clap:

Fair enough, we all have our opinions.
:thumbup:

Just wanted to add Rex,
saying Benitez tried to expose the regime is a nigh on impossible opinion to defend.
He is actively endorsing Ashley's NUFC regime,unless our owner is releasing official club statements on his behalf without his knowledge.

Last edited: