v Blackburn | Page 5 | Vital Football

v Blackburn

Logged out ? Good,
Brilliant win all be it against a side surely heading for relegation
That's exactly how I want us to play offensively but this still demonstrates how frail we are defensively
Long way to go but enjoy being top of the table guys !

"You will post nothing until the next defeat " Best thing I've read in a long time. YB is one of our most loyal posters and posts day in , day out regardless of what has gone on in the game. What a comment to make. I think you'd find its yourself with your small post count that only comes out of hiding once every blue moon with foul mouthed posts once we have actually won a game. Good bye and good riddance.

Back to the game yesterday.... as said yes a great result, will feel so much better if we bring in a defender as well as a couple of strikers. That all too familiar feeling when they scored one back, "surely we can't give this one away". I don't think we can rely on Shitts coming on all season long! The table does look good this morning. :grin:

Jacobs goal was a cracker and Im so pleased for Wes . It all makes good reading . Early days and theres a long way to go. Just remembered that Villa won well away from home on the first day last season, and we lost 1-7 on an opening day

Agreed YB, Sheff Weds will give a good reflection as they actually are a decent side as well. We aren't going to win them all but the quicker we can put some breathing space the better !

Totally agree Nathan.
I am actually looking forward to next 2 home games as good times for
me to fit in with work and think Sheff Weds will be a good test.
Sometimes a really good start is a bit of an issue with everybody chasing you
and it is a long season BUT I always say a decent decent is essential as games come very quickly and we need to be close to top 2 right from the start.
I am not sure if a long unbeaten run is brilliant as look at Brighton last season having too many draws so I would like good attacking football where we may lose but at least get several wins so points tally is constantly increasing.
This is why like most on here I am desperate for a goal scoring striker to turn draws into wins.

Whittaker is not the answer so we need to sort out olson and brady and if they want to go get shot asap and bring in another LB and consider toffolo.
We will not always have a cushion to cover the defensive errors.

I think we may lose at Fulham so will not post until 3 am on 19 October when I get back from that game !!

Yeah I heard we should have been 5/6 up, but still great result. Shitts isn't the answer and proved he is just as bad on the left. I'd prefer toffolo. Get Wells in and, as said, sort the Brady and Olsson situation out, but Brady shouldnt be considered as a left back. How long is Olsson out for

Wells didnt play for Huddersfield yesterday ... get him in FFS. Cant see us getting Assombolonga now . He looked really committed to the Forest cause yesterday .

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/watch_the_highlights_of_norwich_city_s_4_1_win_at_blackburn_rovers_1_4647700

in case like me you missed the goals on the comprehensive channel 5 crap show last night.

Shitts at fault for that goal - along with Ruddy - just too slow.

Murphy - Naismith and Wes worked really well together - let's hope AN doesn't mess around with the team too much.

It appears the following needs doing :

* Getting Ruddy replaced.
* Either Olson stays or get in a LB which is not shittaker.
* Keeping Ditherans completely out of team and if first choice of
Tettey / Howson has to broken up bring in a youngster and not
Mulumbu.
* Play a wide fast player. A Murphy or Canos.
* Sign a new striker and if 2 up front, do not drop wes.

if Tettey or Howson are injured Thompson should be in especially as AN has said he is going to be involved.

Just seen extended highlights on canary player and cabin boy tom was a sleep - Delia looked like an old woman at a bus stop, but tom was out of it and that is our Director a sleep in our first game and at 16:00 in the afternoon!!!

Ruddy's kicking was so poor, why has he never been able to kick?

I did notice on the extended highlights how Howson, as captain, was going to all the players after every goal and giving instructions and also shouting out instructions when Blackburn attacked.

Keep Howson as team captain.

Important point bears
Really have missed a captain on the pitch I'm remembering him as youngest captain of Leeds,
If martin is only to play a bit part this season then its obvious...

Good shout . Johnny H was one of the very few to come out of last seasons disgrace with any credit. Rab may well pick Shittaker instead

Just put on Canary Call and things do not change.
caller 1 says rab should not say we need a striker as it will upset jer1me
second caller was idiot boring robin sainty.

Well what a wake up read this thread was! I was "away from the scene" weekend of 5th to 8th August for a number of reasons, but this has woken me up to the new season! I now understand the reference to "beloved supporter" mentioned on another thread, which I sort of took exception to as I was unable to get to first home game of season. Apologies if I misunderstood.

I dont think anyone would question your commitment to the club Sminks . I know that as an exile you get to what you can and have been treated to either shite performances or the total extremes of weather . I have been at those aways as well and they were no joke . What I really dont like is those who dont go being a keyboard hero at us fans who do