Uz v U's.....matchday thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Uz v U's.....matchday thread

Agree with a lot of what's been said on here, particularly good points from KDZ and Manchester89.

I felt overall, we played very well first, half less so in second, but the performance over 90 minutes was by no means as bad as some would have everyone believe. At virtually pitch level, did look like Tickle should have saved their 1st goal (though those in front of him should have done better), having just seen goal again, confirms my thoughts.

Second half, they came out the blocks very quickly, yet needed a lucky (very) goal to take the lead, seemed to take at least 2 deflections, the 3rd is very good skill initially from their lad, but then nobody covers his run from midfield, unfortunately, for us, he hits a good shot that rebounds off the post straight to their lad and the 4th I don't think goes in if it wasn't for another deflection.

As for us, played some very good stuff first half, scored a good goal, but didn't take advantage of some good positions that we got into (Godo particularly guilty when he broke through but failed to spot an unmarked Kelman). Second half they pushed us back, but felt we responded well after their 2nd and caused them problems again.

I'd have Morrison/Kerr back in straight away before Goode, who looks as though he could prove a useful fall back as cover, but no more, certainly not worthy of a place before Morrison or Kerr, who imo are far better defenders and more comfortable with our passing style both on and off the ball
But the passing style is the problem. Too much passing around for the sake of it as witnessed over and over again. It needs binning and a newer more attack orientated direct high press game introducing. Im sure we could have had equal or more points this season with the squad we have had if we had adopted a positive match plan rather than the negative shit Maloney has dished out.

Last edited:
Did much of that in the first half, but lost our way after that soft equaliser. That's football, it happens. Even experience players lose games when that happens, but our youngsters kept trying and could have succeeded if Mcgunness header had gone in Instead of hitting the post, Maccas shot that had the keeper juggling could also been a goal. Small.margins !!!!!!