Utter Mess? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Utter Mess?

Anyone thinking we are not a mess are deluded...it's a mess that can be sorted..but in time....not the next week but months.....hope the guys can get us back on track....but it aint gonna happen next week or week after..lets see what it is...cus its gonna be what it is....and that's what it is.....fingers crossed it is better..than what it is...:please::please::please:

Anyone thinking we are not a mess are deluded...

I'm not deluded my friend, I am just not hysterical like others.

If we were bottom of the league with zero points and Dr X still in charge, I might concede we were in a mess. But we are not, he is not and we have wealthy new owners and a new management/coaching team.

We still have 3/4 of the season to go.

I am not sure what is delusional about that point of view.

The club really was in an utter mess in the middle of July. Following the taleover it's hopefully becoming less and less of a mess with the firing of old personnel and the hiring of new ones. Whether this can be reflected on the pitch with the current players time will tell.

I'm not deluded my friend, I am just not hysterical like others.

If we were bottom of the league with zero points and Dr X still in charge, I might concede we were in a mess. But we are not, he is not and we have wealthy new owners and a new management/coaching team.

We still have 3/4 of the season to go.

I am not sure what is delusional about that point of view.
The team is a mess...but hopefully they will be able to sort a misfit team that has square pegs in round holes...as we've got tough teams in the run up to crimbo...can't beat bottom teams yet...may take a bit longer than thought..:bounce:

Deluded does seem to be thrown around a lot on here when someone has a different opinion. Whilst our performances haven't been great we've still only lost 3 from 12 games and are somehow just 4 points off the play offs. I'm not suggesting it will be easy, but a few new faces around the training ground and a different approach can give the squad a lift. Confidence goes a long way in this game so if we can get on a run we could be up in the top 6 in no time. Fortunately for us there isn't a stand out team running away with the league this year.
Most of us can see the problems. We have plenty of attacking talent, they just need to play at a quicker pace. The defence needs to be sorted in January, but until then just need to hope they can get a workable partnership going with either Bedeau or Axel alongside Chester.

It's strange, you can get all the top people in, be owned by some of the richest people in the world and yet at 3pm it comes down to the minds, hearts and limbs of the men in the pitch. Their mental strength - can they take the new message onto the pitch and deliver? One thing's for sure the opposition will be busting a gut to take our scalp. So from utter mess to mess at the moment for me. If only we can gather some momentum tomorrow week!

Think the mess comes from wasting money buying players just for the sake of it and shipping out others to make way for them. We have ended up with a squad of players on stupid wages and don't even know where they fit in. I think that will change under Dean Smith, i hope so anyway.

Anyone thinking we are not a mess are deluded...it's a mess that can be sorted..but in time....not the next week but months.....hope the guys can get us back on track....but it aint gonna happen next week or week after..lets see what it is...cus its gonna be what it is....and that's what it is.....fingers crossed it is better..than what it is...:please::please::please:
In what way are we in a mess? Yes Bruce has left defence short, ok that's not good, but that can be rectified in January. The rest of the squad is fine and has real talent in it. So in what way are we a mess? I expect an immediate return to winning ways and a climbing up the table, and if we are not in the playoffs come the end of the season then I will hold Smith responsible for that. Let's not forget that is the reason Bruce lost his job and the expectation that was on Bruce from the fan base, so what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

new boss and assistant, hopefully a return of some confidence in the ranks, hopefully players being played in their correct positions, big crowd for the game against Swansea, new era, new hope, players feel the love and are allowed to go and express themselves. Couple of wins and we're back in the mix. Crisis? What Crisis? we all exclaim.